U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-26-2016, 06:51 PM
 
Location: Near Manito
19,519 posts, read 20,889,630 times
Reputation: 13829

Advertisements

Your Prime Minister can go straight to hell.

Words of Justin Trudeau:

It is with deep sorrow that I learned today of the death of Cuba’s longest serving President.

Fidel Castro was a larger than life leader who served his people for almost half a century. A legendary revolutionary and orator, Mr. Castro made significant improvements to the education and healthcare of his island nation.

While a controversial figure, both Mr. Castro’s supporters and detractors recognized his tremendous dedication and love for the Cuban people who had a deep and lasting affection for “el Comandante”.

I know my father was very proud to call him a friend and I had the opportunity to meet Fidel when my father passed away. It was also a real honour to meet his three sons and his brother President Raúl Castro during my recent visit to Cuba.

On behalf of all Canadians, Sophie and I offer our deepest condolences to the family, friends and many, many supporters of Mr. Castro. We join the people of Cuba today in mourning the loss of this remarkable leader.

Last edited by elnina; 11-28-2016 at 02:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-26-2016, 07:42 PM
 
18 posts, read 11,099 times
Reputation: 37
Justin is too stupid for words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2016, 08:38 PM
 
Location: Alberta, Canada
2,160 posts, read 1,748,542 times
Reputation: 2617
See the reactions of Canadians and others towards Mr. Trudeau's statement:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-about-stalin/

Among the best sarcastic responses to Mr. Trudeau's remarks:

"Mr. Stalin's greatest achievement was his eradication of obesity in the Ukraine through innovative agricultural reforms."

"Today we remember Adolf Hitler, whose vision for the autobahn changed the face of vehicular transportation forever."

"Today I bid adieu to Jeffrey Dahmer, known for his culinary adventurism. For Jeffrey there were no taboos in the kitchen."

I don't fault Mr. Trudeau for expressing condolences. But IMHO, Mr. Trudeau should have left it at condolences, and not ventured into how wonderful he found Mr. Castro to be. As for "a legendary orator," well, you'd be legendary too, if you made four-hour speeches, during which nobody was allowed to leave, and applause was mandated during the speech and at the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2016, 09:41 PM
BMI
 
Location: Ontario
7,262 posts, read 4,489,778 times
Reputation: 5593
His gushing over Castro is embarrassing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2016, 02:25 AM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,250,780 times
Reputation: 7578
You guys are too politically biased. Trudeau did fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2016, 06:06 AM
 
18,262 posts, read 10,360,166 times
Reputation: 13314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Your Prime Minister can go straight to hell.

Words of Justin Trudeau:

It is with deep sorrow that I learned today of the death of Cuba’s longest serving President.

Fidel Castro was a larger than life leader who served his people for almost half a century. A legendary revolutionary and orator, Mr. Castro made significant improvements to the education and healthcare of his island nation.

While a controversial figure, both Mr. Castro’s supporters and detractors recognized his tremendous dedication and love for the Cuban people who had a deep and lasting affection for “el Comandante”.

I know my father was very proud to call him a friend and I had the opportunity to meet Fidel when my father passed away. It was also a real honour to meet his three sons and his brother President Raúl Castro during my recent visit to Cuba.

On behalf of all Canadians, Sophie and I offer our deepest condolences to the family, friends and many, many supporters of Mr. Castro. We join the people of Cuba today in mourning the loss of this remarkable leader.
Well, while I'm also upset with the young boob, at least he hasn't yet stooped to doing this with someone who funded an attack on our country:

The Bush-Saudi Connection

Glass houses .......stones Yeledaf...........glass houses........stones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2016, 10:38 AM
 
34,356 posts, read 41,427,648 times
Reputation: 29841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Your Prime Minister can go straight to hell.

Words of Justin Trudeau:

It is with deep sorrow that I learned today of the death of Cuba’s longest serving President.

Fidel Castro was a larger than life leader who served his people for almost half a century. A legendary revolutionary and orator, Mr. Castro made significant improvements to the education and healthcare of his island nation.

While a controversial figure, both Mr. Castro’s supporters and detractors recognized his tremendous dedication and love for the Cuban people who had a deep and lasting affection for “el Comandante”.

I know my father was very proud to call him a friend and I had the opportunity to meet Fidel when my father passed away. It was also a real honour to meet his three sons and his brother President Raúl Castro during my recent visit to Cuba.

On behalf of all Canadians, Sophie and I offer our deepest condolences to the family, friends and many, many supporters of Mr. Castro. We join the people of Cuba today in mourning the loss of this remarkable leader.
While you may for whatever reason despise J Trudeau for paying respects to the death of a famous leader do remember Canada is a different country than the USA and had an entirely different relationship with Cuba,While America got all butt hurt when Fidel Castro threw the Americans out of Cuba Canada didnt participate in the retaliatory actions the USA imposed on Cuba and for the entire time of the US embargo Canada had a good relationship with Cuba.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada...Cuba_relations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2016, 10:45 AM
 
Location: Near Manito
19,519 posts, read 20,889,630 times
Reputation: 13829
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
While you may for whatever reason despise J Trudeau for paying respects to the death of a famous leader do remember Canada is a different country than the USA and had an entirely different relationship with Cuba,While America got all butt hurt when Fidel Castro threw the Americans out of Cuba Canada didnt participate in the retaliatory actions the USA imposed on Cuba and for the entire time of the US embargo Canada had a good relationship with Cuba.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada...Cuba_relations
No, America "got all butt hurt" when Castro invited the Russians to install nuclear missiles in Cuba pointed at America and urged Krushchev to use them.

And your reference to the embargo begs the question: if Canada and so many others ignored the embargo, and traded freely with Castro's Stalinist regime, why did/does it matter to anyone whether the US decides to prop up Raul or not? Surely Cuba has got along fine without the US, right? It seems to me that Canada and the other nations who supported Cuba were motivated solely by the greedy desire for profits, despite the despotic nature of their trading partners, the Castros. Isn't that what folks so often criticize America for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2016, 12:35 PM
 
18,262 posts, read 10,360,166 times
Reputation: 13314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
No, America "got all butt hurt" when Castro invited the Russians to install nuclear missiles in Cuba pointed at America and urged Krushchev to use them.

And your reference to the embargo begs the question: if Canada and so many others ignored the embargo, and traded freely with Castro's Stalinist regime, why did/does it matter to anyone whether the US decides to prop up Raul or not? Surely Cuba has got along fine without the US, right? It seems to me that Canada and the other nations who supported Cuba were motivated solely by the greedy desire for profits, despite the despotic nature of their trading partners, the Castros. Isn't that what folks so often criticize America for?
Your U.S. revisionist history strikes yet again.
why did khrushchev put missiles on cuba? - GCSE History - Marked by Teachers.com

Pot meet kettle: https://news.vice.com/article/americ...-kleine-brogel

Canada and others "motivated by the greedy desire" to obtain exactly what from Cuba in the way of profits.

Now once again, would you at least consider the nature of irony as it applies to your castigating Trudeau when an endless succession of your governments have usurped many legitimate leaders to then install despots in their place for nothing more than those profits you mention?

You're wasting you mindless drivel with this silliness.

American history in this regard is too well known for this balloon of yours to get off the ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2016, 01:10 PM
 
Location: London, UK
3,458 posts, read 4,003,720 times
Reputation: 2661
As moronic as the Trudeau comments were, at least it birthed the #trudeaueulogy on Twitter. Which has been a hilarious read. If you are into dark comedy of course.

The first place I lived in the US was Miami and I had the opportunity to share meals with my Cuban American friends who came from Exile families. While I know their view is just half of the equation, what they went through was horrific and I would rather take my que from them vs some American or Canadian (sorry all inclusive vacations don't count) when it comes to Castro and his regime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top