Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 09:56 AM

26,756 posts, read 37,644,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Now any product must have a English and French label and all Safety Data Sheets must be in both languages if a product is sold into Canada. this is NOT going to be good for the Canadian economy as companies like one I own simply will not take the time and expense necessary to do something so stupid. No sales into Canada after the 1st of January and several companies depend on our products.
Uhhh... bilingual product labelling has been a legal requirement in Canada for several decades now (at least four by my count).

Are you posting via time machine from 1968 or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 10:06 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,351,935 times
Quote:
Now any product must have a English and French label and all Safety Data Sheets must be in both languages if a product is sold into Canada. this is NOT going to be good for the Canadian economy as companies like one I own simply will not take the time and expense necessary to do something so stupid. No sales into Canada after the 1st of January and several companies depend on our products.
"Like the one you own"? I doubt that very much. Anyone doing any business with a location encompassing anywhere within the entire North American continent; dual language packaging and in the case of the U.S. being a much larger market, sometimes as many as 6 languages are included within the packaging with a minimum of two external. It has been that way for decades.

That business you own must be limited to baking cupcakes for the local churches or something and not hardly indicative of one doing business on any scale larger than selling to your typical inner city block.

Old 12-14-2016, 10:13 AM

2,829 posts, read 3,147,825 times
Facepalm to the OP's question. Facepalm.

Old 12-14-2016, 10:23 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,093,421 times
Quote:
What planet and year are you from? Bilingual packaging has been everywhere in Canada for decades now. I'm sure those companies will find another similar product from someone who can handle the terrible ordeal of bilingual packaging. Not that I believe you run a business or know anything about Canada though with your insane trolling.

Old 12-14-2016, 10:28 AM

35,095 posts, read 50,947,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayVanderbilt View Post
I have never understood this. The official language in Canada is English. Why do Canadians allow Quebecers people to speak French? Why do they allow them to have signs etc in French? Just force them to learn the language of their own country. I don't understand Quebecers are even allowed to vote when they can't understand what the politicians are saying.
Why does the USA have Spanish on food labels?
From what I understand many in Canada are fluent in both languages.

Old 12-14-2016, 10:29 AM

43 posts, read 52,008 times
The Quebec Act of 1774 has a lot to do with it. Also, The Royal Proclamation of 1763.

Old 12-14-2016, 10:45 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,229,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Uhhh... bilingual product labelling has been a legal requirement in Canada for several decades now (at least four by my count).

Are you posting via time machine from 1968 or something?
These are requirements for GHS labeling and Safety Data Sheets. Huge task as an SDS can be 19 pages long. NO other country is requiring this.

Old 12-14-2016, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
"Like the one you own"? I doubt that very much. Anyone doing any business with a location encompassing anywhere within the entire North American continent; dual language packaging and in the case of the U.S. being a much larger market, sometimes as many as 6 languages are included within the packaging with a minimum of two external. It has been that way for decades.

That business you own must be limited to baking cupcakes for the local churches or something and not hardly indicative of one doing business on any scale larger than selling to your typical inner city block.
Nope the business I own does business world wide and no other country is requiring this on GHS labeling and SDS. Starts 1/1/2017. An SDS can be 19 pages long now.

Old 12-14-2016, 10:50 AM

26,756 posts, read 37,644,012 times
Quote:
Nope the business I own does business world wide and no other country is requiring this on GHS labeling and SDS. Starts 1/1/2017. An SDS can be 19 pages long now.
Most countries don't require safety information on products to be in the country's language? Really????

BTW, I don't believe this is really a new requirement for Canada. If there are changes coming into effect on Jan. 1 it's tweaking what was already there.

Old 12-14-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
What planet and year are you from? Bilingual packaging has been everywhere in Canada for decades now. I'm sure those companies will find another similar product from someone who can handle the terrible ordeal of bilingual packaging. Not that I believe you run a business or know anything about Canada though with your insane trolling.
Read my other responses and look it up. GHS labelling in Canada.

TRy reading about it.

https://www.msdsonline.com/blog/comp...ith-u.s.-model
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada