U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-26-2016, 12:15 PM
 
34,365 posts, read 41,455,107 times
Reputation: 29853

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
If you really believe that 62 million Americans voted for Trump because they are stupid, then I pity you.
If all it takes is some billionaire sexual predator to come out with vacuous nonsense like i'm gonna make America great again to garner your vote then you are right perhaps stupid is the wrong word.

 
Old 12-26-2016, 12:17 PM
 
5,097 posts, read 2,484,007 times
Reputation: 4657
Quote:
Originally Posted by manitopiaaa View Post
No. The U.S. legalized women's suffrage in 1919 and was ratified in 1920 through the Nineteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninete...s_Constitution

I'll wait patiently for your apology.
Thanks for explaining the election, although I doubt I could explain it to someone else.

My mistake was based on something you wrote about suffrage being the same as Quebec: "On women's suffrage, they were the same with Quebec an outlier in 1940". Quebec was 1940, but the US was not the same as Quebec.

My apologies for getting that mixed up.
 
Old 12-26-2016, 12:24 PM
 
6,483 posts, read 4,069,179 times
Reputation: 16747
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If all it takes is some billionaire sexual predator to come out with vacuous nonsense like i'm gonna make America great again to garner your vote then you are right perhaps stupid is the wrong word.
I did not vote for him, but I understand why many non-stupid people did. There are threads about this on the Politics forum so I would direct your attention there if you really don't "get it."
 
Old 12-26-2016, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Land Of Smiles
293 posts, read 161,671 times
Reputation: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If all it takes is some billionaire sexual predator to come out with vacuous nonsense like i'm gonna make America great again to garner your vote then you are right perhaps stupid is the wrong word.
He is not a sexual predator until it is proven in court. You have the right not to like Trump, but please don't call anyone who does not agree with your opinions stupid. He is not yet a president, so it is too early to judge him.
 
Old 12-26-2016, 12:55 PM
 
Location: Alexandria, Commonwealth of Virginia
1,609 posts, read 1,106,810 times
Reputation: 1903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Thanks for explaining the election, although I doubt I could explain it to someone else.

My mistake was based on something you wrote about suffrage being the same as Quebec: "On women's suffrage, they were the same with Quebec an outlier in 1940". Quebec was 1940, but the US was not the same as Quebec.

My apologies for getting that mixed up.
Thank you. I appreciate the clarification and honesty.
 
Old 12-26-2016, 01:18 PM
 
315 posts, read 1,270,492 times
Reputation: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
America is sinking fast Canada has no need to take on Americas problems.
More like the other way around!
 
Old 12-26-2016, 01:49 PM
 
785 posts, read 388,956 times
Reputation: 2052
First, you wouldn't get all of that land on the map because, unlike the eastern half of the country, about 50% of the states you seek (Nevada, California, Oregon and Washington) is FEDERAL land. It doesn't belong to those states.

Second, You think that those states joining Canada would be a plus, until you consider that without those states the 'new' United States would be so conservative that a Democrat/liberal President wouldn't be elected for the next 50 years at least, maybe 100 years. As an example, ALL of Clinton's popular vote win came from one state (California), which she won by 4+ million votes. Absent that, Trump would have won both the electoral and popular vote (shocking, right?).

So if you're worried about a Republican running America now, imagine how worried you'd be then.
 
Old 12-26-2016, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Canada
3,901 posts, read 2,725,320 times
Reputation: 5084
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
First, you wouldn't get all of that land on the map because, unlike the eastern half of the country, about 50% of the states you seek (Nevada, California, Oregon and Washington) is FEDERAL land. It doesn't belong to those states.
Where did you get the idea that Canada is seeking those states?
 
Old 12-26-2016, 02:11 PM
 
Location: San Diego
35,162 posts, read 32,145,638 times
Reputation: 19721
Ya'll willing to learn Spanish?
 
Old 12-26-2016, 02:30 PM
 
34,365 posts, read 41,455,107 times
Reputation: 29853
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wanderer View Post
He is not a sexual predator until it is proven in court. You have the right not to like Trump, but please don't call anyone who does not agree with your opinions stupid. He is not yet a president, so it is too early to judge him.
By your logic Hillary Clinton isnt a corrupt criminal but that didnt stop the vast majority of Trump voters labeling her as such..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top