Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2017, 07:24 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Jewish people are white. I don't think one can detect a Jew just by looking at him.
Judaism is a religion, like Christianity. There is no skin colour attached to religion.

Old 01-04-2017, 05:39 PM

2,868 posts, read 2,820,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canada number one View Post
Something tells me you are lying. Canada is second to none the best place in the world for coloured people to live in. Racism is a thing of the past in Canada. You sound like another sensitive third world immigrant who goes around looking for something to complain about. Maybe you can go back to the US where white people and make a game out of tracking down coloureds to incarcerate. The only ones who even benefit are the Jewish lawyers but that's another conversation. We don't want or need that stuff.
Wow! Ignorant, butthurt, xenophobic, anti-American, anti-Semitic and profoundly arrogant! With all of those characteristics, you should be hosting a primetime show on the CBC!

The response to your horridly bigoted post from all your other so-called "tolerant, progressive" Canadians (except for Acajack, who seems to be the only one with a spine): *crickets*

Old 01-04-2017, 09:40 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,302,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manitopiaaa View Post
Wow! Ignorant, butthurt, xenophobic, anti-American, anti-Semitic and profoundly arrogant! With all of those characteristics, you should be hosting a primetime show on the CBC!

The response to your horridly bigoted post from all your other so-called "tolerant, progressive" Canadians (except for Acajack, who seems to be the only one with a spine): *crickets*

Do not waste your time....the user "canada number one" is a deranged individual, a well known presence on this forum, just ignore him...I also suspect, from the tone of his writing, a huge inferiority complex towards the evil US.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:17 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Judaism is a religion, like Christianity. There is no skin colour attached to religion.
That is true. I was in Israel last month, while most Jews appear white, there are black and mixed ones as well. But most Jews are white, just like most Arabs are white.

However, in western media, the Jews are always singled out as a different group of people, as if it were a race or ethnicity. I don't know why. It is nothing but a religion people can choose to to have or abandon.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:44 AM

1,147 posts, read 718,148 times
Quote:
That is true. I was in Israel last month, while most Jews appear white, there are black and mixed ones as well. But most Jews are white, just like most Arabs are white.

However, in western media, the Jews are always singled out as a different group of people, as if it were a race or ethnicity. I don't know why. It is nothing but a religion people can choose to to have or abandon.
That's because they are (i.e. an ethnic group).

A Jew might stop believing in "Judaism", but they can't abandon their Jewish ethnicity.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:37 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Do not waste your time....the user "canada number one" is a deranged individual, a well known presence on this forum, just ignore him...I also suspect, from the tone of his writing, a huge inferiority complex towards the evil US.
They are playing you well. You bought the idea they are Canadian. Proof?

Old 01-05-2017, 01:48 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,302,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
They are playing you well. You bought the idea they are Canadian. Proof?
Frankly, I do not care....I just ignore what he says (that was my advice to the other poster), troll or not....if he is real, it's sad.... simply I do not waste my time debating this individual.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:48 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:

It's weird that some people view Judaism as a race - not sure how people get so mixed up.
I never really viewed Arabic people as caucasian because they are so dark haired and dark skinned, but I've never really thought about it before.

Old 01-07-2017, 04:18 AM

Quote:
The USA has all of these groups as well. In nearly all cases, the U.S. has way more of each of these groups!
That doesn't mean European-descended Americans are a more multicultural group than European-descended Canadians.

You need to compare the first and second-generation European populations (%). I doubt most third-generation people have retained their "culture".

Last edited by Fish & Chips; 01-07-2017 at 04:28 AM..

Old 01-07-2017, 04:28 AM

Quote:
The USA has all of these groups as well. In nearly all cases, the U.S. has way more of each of these groups!
That doesn't mean European-descended Americans are a more multicultural group than European-descended Canadians.

You need to compare the first and second-generation European populations (%). I doubt third-generation people retain their "culture" well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada