Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 12:08 PM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times

Advertisements

Merry Christmas, everyone! We're expecting a two-day blizzard with snow starting tomorrow morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 02:25 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,314,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Merry Christmas, everyone! We're expecting a two-day blizzard with snow starting tomorrow morning.
The last snowfall wasn't quite as bad as they had at first thought so maybe this one won't be too bad either. I have a family gathering on Boxing Day and though someone might be able to pick me up with a snowmobile, it might be the visibility that is an issue if we get the wind they are predicting.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:42 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Y Feliz Navidad también!
Merci, toi Aussi.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:24 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
The last snowfall wasn't quite as bad as they had at first thought so maybe this one won't be too bad either. I have a family gathering on Boxing Day and though someone might be able to pick me up with a snowmobile, it might be the visibility that is an issue if we get the wind they are predicting.
I hope you fare well with your blizzards and winds.

We got a (very rare) blizzard this week in the Fraser Valley so we have a white Christmas too. There is snow on the ground, trees and roofs but it's warm enough that now there is also fog as thick as can be. Everywhere you look in all directions including the air is so white it's disorienting. Visibility is bad (looking at white through a white fog) it's almost like having a blizzard again. But the snow is a nice rare treat for the kids for Christmas and I have been staying indoors all week doing Christmas baking.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:29 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,314,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I hope you fare well with your blizzards and winds.

We got a (very rare) blizzard this week in the Fraser Valley so we have a white Christmas too. There is snow on the ground, trees and roofs but it's warm enough that now there is also fog as thick as can be. Everywhere you look in all directions including the air is so white it's disorienting. Visibility is bad (looking at white through a white fog) it's almost like having a blizzard again. But the snow is a nice rare treat for the kids for Christmas and I have been staying indoors all week doing Christmas baking.

We've had a lot of foggy days too as we had an abnormally mild fall and the ground is still quite warm. I have a long driveway with several curves and every fall I hammer in reflectors because otherwise on foggy winter days or snowy days, I have no idea where the driveway is. I have red reflectors on the south and blue to the north to give me some idea of where the road is. I remove them in the summer because they have a tendency to get in the way of mowers or knocked down by farm equipment.

What are you baking? My mouth is watering.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:39 PM

3,624 posts, read 3,405,054 times
I'll add my best wishes of the season to all of you. Hope you enjoy whatever form your celebrations take, and I'll add my best wishes for a happy and healthy 2017!

Old 12-25-2016, 12:38 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post

What are you baking? My mouth is watering.
I did a big fruit and nut Christmas cake soaked in spiced rum, mince meat tarts, pecan butter tarts, apple pies, peach pies, and cookies .... lots of cookies. That's all for gifts and to take to Christmas dinner held at relatives' house on Christmas day. And for New Year's day I'll be roasting a nice goose with lots of my special stuffing recipe, that's for me and some of my close friends here at my home.

Old 12-25-2016, 01:05 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,405,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I did a big fruit and nut Christmas cake soaked in spiced rum, mince meat tarts, pecan butter tarts, apple pies, peach pies, and cookies .... lots of cookies.
Christmas cake! Mince tarts! Two of my Christmas faves! Um, Zoisite ... if there are any leftovers, y'know, I'm only one province over.... Just sayin' is all.

Old 12-25-2016, 03:30 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Christmas morning,the lights are on,presents piled high under the tree and i"m starting to get everything organized for the upcoming gutfest later today, Stuffing prepared and egg nog in the coffee.
Merry Christmas to all my forum friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada