U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2017, 06:35 PM

9,547 posts, read 9,423,459 times

Advertisements

Does Canada care about the South?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 07:28 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,787,713 times
Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
It depends... south of what ? Ex South of the stuff north of civilization .... likely not so much. Who the heck even lives out there. The whole village of 10 trying to remind us they are still out there?

This would likely be a great time for people that choose to live in these places to explain exactly what they are doing up there?

Re: Filling this space with immigrants .... all I got to say is that if someone see pictures of where the governments hopes to relocate them .... especially in the winter ... I think a lot of people might reconsider ex well that dictator really sucks .... but at least we won't freeze to death. That may be a true test of how badly someone want to leave this current situation to come to Canada. "Would you be willing to live in North Canada for the first 5 years". If you survive after that you get automatic citizenship."

Old 02-01-2017, 08:33 PM

3,402 posts, read 4,450,345 times
Canada thinks Toronto is the North, and can't even formulate that perceived statement into a grammatically sound sentence.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:30 PM

7,263 posts, read 6,594,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post

Does the South care about Canada?

Old 02-02-2017, 07:10 AM

4,811 posts, read 4,445,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
Canada thinks Toronto is the North, and can't even formulate that perceived statement into a grammatically sound sentence.
I cringe every time I hear......I won't even say it.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:17 AM

3,072 posts, read 4,281,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post

Should Canada have an immersion program for new immigrants? That would most likely speed up the integration process - like finding work, speaking English fluently ... so on ... and I'm soooo off topic.
Canada has both actually, in English (LINC) and in French (CLIC). Full-time, free language and settlement studies for newcomers. It's not mandatory but most do participate. Few Canadian-born even know this, but they are very popular classes and exist even in rural areas.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:37 AM

10,133 posts, read 11,893,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
It depends... south of what ? Ex South of the stuff north of civilization .... likely not so much. Who the heck even lives out there. The whole village of 10 trying to remind us they are still out there?

This would likely be a great time for people that choose to live in these places to explain exactly what they are doing up there?

Re: Filling this space with immigrants .... all I got to say is that if someone see pictures of where the governments hopes to relocate them .... especially in the winter ... I think a lot of people might reconsider ex well that dictator really sucks .... but at least we won't freeze to death. That may be a true test of how badly someone want to leave this current situation to come to Canada. "Would you be willing to live in North Canada for the first 5 years". If you survive after that you get automatic citizenship."
You could just send them a picture of a typical winter scene in Southern Ontario especially in the snowbelt areas with metres of snow and that might prove to be as much of a deterrent for any potential migrants as showing them pictures of snowy landscapes from Northern Canada.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:56 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,273,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
You could just send them a picture of a typical winter scene in Southern Ontario especially in the snowbelt areas with metres of snow and that might prove to be as much of a deterrent for any potential migrants as showing them pictures of snowy landscapes from Northern Canada.
No need for north Canada. Yesterday I sent a screenshot of temperatures of Quebec city for the next week to a group of my friends, and they are all freaked out.

In all seriousness, if a place regularly gets under -10 degrees, it is really not suitable for human habitation.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:41 AM

10,133 posts, read 11,893,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
No need for north Canada. Yesterday I sent a screenshot of temperatures of Quebec city for the next week to a group of my friends, and they are all freaked out.

In all seriousness, if a place regularly gets under -10 degrees, it is really not suitable for human habitation.
That would make most of Canada uninhabitable according to you

Old 02-02-2017, 11:59 AM

21,950 posts, read 27,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
That would make most of Canada uninhabitable according to you
Tell us something we didn't already know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada