Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 12:32 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
I think that is simply silly, very silly and pointless, to pass judgement on an administration that still has not governed for even one day...I find it amusing frankly.

Wait at least couple of years and then talk.
Trust me, it won't be a couple of years. Already the wheels have started to turn. The plans and lack of plans are evident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 01:55 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,301,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Trust me, it won't be a couple of years. Already the wheels have started to turn. The plans and lack of plans are evident.

...and this could be the latest wrong prediction (in a long string) about Trump. I tend to err on the side of caution when trying to predict the future.

Old 01-09-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
...and this could be the latest wrong prediction (in a long string) about Trump. I tend to err on the side of caution when trying to predict the future.
Sounds like you would board a plane with a very drunk crew since, HEY, it might work out.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:26 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,301,330 times
Quote:
Sounds like you would board a plane with a very drunk crew since, HEY, it might work out.

Things are just a little bit simpler in your example....just a little bit...

What we have so far is abysmal wrong predictions from the "experts" about the guy...that is the only fact on the ground so far.....

Old 01-09-2017, 06:33 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
This is confusing - Trump tweet this morning:
Toyota Motor said will build a new plant in Baja, Mexico, to build Corolla cars for U.S. NO WAY! Build plant in U.S. or pay big border tax.
However, those Corolla cars are currently being built in CANADA.

Donald Trump tweet threatens another big border tax, this time on Toyota - National | Globalnews.ca

So does that mean that Toyota might decide to leave production in Canada? If so, thanks Trump!
Its a popular car so there are two plants, one in Canada and one in Mississippi. It is interesting how he doesn't seem to mind Canadian made cars, but a big "NO!" to the idea of a Mexican made car

This most likely means nothing for Canada, the Ontario plant will probably stay put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Saturno; why is it endemic among Americans now to reduce every single critique to either them or us, heads or tails, arguments.

Cannot someone foster discussion about the current situation without every American contributor on here automatically defaulting to "yeah but they were worse" as though that legitimizes everything the incumbent does or ever will do?
Don't speak for people you don't know please this tribal talk isn't doing anyone any good.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:07 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Its a popular car so there are two plants, one in Canada and one in Mississippi. It is interesting how he doesn't seem to mind Canadian made cars, but a big "NO!" to the idea of a Mexican made car

This most likely means nothing for Canada, the Ontario plant will probably stay put.

Don't speak for people you don't know please this tribal talk isn't doing anyone any good.
Oh wait ....you didn't just admonish me to not categorize people? Really? ROLLEYES!!! JEEEEZ!!!

Old 01-10-2017, 09:22 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh wait ....you didn't just admonish me to not categorize people? Really? ROLLEYES!!! JEEEEZ!!!
Yes, you Canadians do it too much

Old 01-10-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Yes, you Canadians do it too much
LOL I see what you did there.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:02 AM

3,038 posts, read 4,775,888 times
Quote:
So when he gets rid of all his conflicts of interests, has his company only manufacture in the US and stops hiring illegals, then we can talk.

The mans mindset so far, has been only to enrich himself. If you think he cares about the US, take a look at his appointment choices.
His appointment choices have been very good. They are certainly far better than the Obama administration

Old 01-11-2017, 06:06 AM

3,038 posts, read 4,775,888 times
Quote:
Not laughable at all.......what I laugh so far is at the people that underestimated Trump and got their behind handed to them.

I'm not sure Trump can pull it off (it will be very difficult) but what I'm seeing so far is an attempt to a radical, historical political realignment (call it a "Reagan moment") where the GOP (now effectively "owned" by Trump) takes ownership of economic issues affecting middle class voters which were the traditional political ground of the center-left....if he is successful, he could send the Democrats in the wilderness for 20 years..they are already almost reduced to a regional party relevant only in few coastal areas. My impression so far is that they still haven't even begin to understand what hit them. Many people have seriously underestimated (and some keep to underestimate) Trump at their own political peril.

Many do not even understand the strategy that is is behind Trump heavy twitter use.

....no we can mention something more recent if you wish, like the Clinton administration picks that lobbied hard to dismantle Glass-Steagal and liberalize derivative trading which planted the seeds of the 2008 blow-up
+1

Excellent post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada