U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2017, 08:03 PM

3 posts, read 1,164 times

Advertisements

I'll be applying for a Passport soon and once I get it, the first place I plan on visiting is Vancouver, Canada! I especially want to see the Capilano Suspension Bridge and the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Garden. I'm super adventurous, so are there any other really fun or even scary things that I can do there? I like just about everything, so I'm open to all suggestions!Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 08:27 PM

10,133 posts, read 11,896,551 times
How about the Grouse Grind?

Old 01-08-2017, 10:54 PM

4,699 posts, read 8,498,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsApryl View Post
I'll be applying for a Passport soon and once I get it, the first place I plan on visiting is Vancouver, Canada! I especially want to see the Capilano Suspension Bridge and the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Garden. I'm super adventurous, so are there any other really fun or even scary things that I can do there? I like just about everything, so I'm open to all suggestions!Thank you!
You would probably enjoy going up to the top of grouse mountain and going ziplining "peak-to-peak". There's two grizzly bears up there (rescues in an enclosure), and other interesting attractions too, like a wind turbine with an observation deck. There are also companies that will take you paragliding in the region. I would also highly recommend a trip out to Deep Cove and renting a kayak to explore the area independently by sea. Last time I did that a seal swam right by me, I saw bald eagles, and schools of fish. Odd Society Spirits is a great craft distillery that make and sell their own unique and delicious spirits. The city is also home to a great craft beer scene if you're into that. English Bay or Kits Beach are great spots to hangout. Get a bike and bike the Sea Wall, start at Stanley Park. Wreck Beach is magical, if you enjoy nude beaches. Have High Tea at a fancy hotel like the Shangri-la. Go to the Richmond Night Market, or maybe to Granville Island in the day.

Old 01-08-2017, 11:28 PM

78,878 posts, read 70,695,524 times
Granville Island is nice if you like to shop for art and crafts, and artsy clothing, OP. Stanley Park is a nice place to spend an afternoon strolling. I've never heard of the Sun Yat Sen Garden; I'll have to check that out when I next get to Van! UBC's Museum of Anthropology has a good First Nations art collection, mainly of local traditions. And there are galleries downtown and on Granville Island that carry First Nations art for sale.

http://www.insidevancouver.ca/2010/1...-in-vancouver/

Old 01-09-2017, 08:29 AM

4,699 posts, read 8,498,191 times
Oh, and you should go and visit the Vancouver Aquarium. It's the best "museum" in the city and is a world class aquarium.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:51 PM

3 posts, read 1,164 times
Thank you all for your suggestions! I'm gonna check them all out when I get to Canada, even the nude beach! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or