Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 08:43 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Unfortunately there are some horrible people in this world. It's usually best not to put oneself at their mercy if it can be avoided. A few minutes on YouTube will show the perils of such people working behind the scenes at restaurants.

No doubt that I have eaten bugs. We all have, but I don't run through a swarm of gnats with my mouth open.
Well I get it but if the food is gross what to do.. I'm usually pretty nice about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 11:37 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
You have likely eaten saliva.
you act as if the servers have to right to mess up with the food, as if when the customers are not nice or generous, they deserve to be "punished".

life is full of unpleasant experiences and unpleasant people, and it is unethical to do that just because you can without being caught. A rude customer is only being an unpleasant person, but a server who spits in customer's food, that is unprofessional and unethical. He is not winning my sympathy.

and with such behavior, I doubt these servers will go much further than being a server in their lives because they are so petty in their small world, with the little pathetic "power" they think they possess.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:37 AM

26,882 posts, read 38,032,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
you act as if the servers have to right to mess up with the food, as if when the customers are not nice or generous, they deserve to be "punished".

It's exactly the same mindset that makes crappy servers expect and demand a 15% tip from you even if they behave like a-holes. Look no further.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:17 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
It's exactly the same mindset that makes crappy servers expect and demand a 15% tip from you even if they behave like a-holes. Look no further.
Any server that demands a tip, should be reported to the management. Those kind of servers don't last long. Although, in all of my years, I have never had a server demand a tip.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:25 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Likewise. I've never had anyone demand a tip or behave as though they thought they deserved a tip.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:33 PM

Oh yeah? I've seen servers huff and puff because the tip wasn't sufficient according to them. I've seen them chase after clients and saying loudly "Sir, I think you've forgotten... something!"

I've also seen taxi drivers pull away aggressively and screech their tires when a tip wasn't what they thought they'd get.

Old 01-13-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Oh yeah? I've seen servers huff and puff because the tip wasn't sufficient according to them. I've seen them chase after clients and saying loudly "Sir, I think you've forgotten... something!"

I've also seen taxi drivers pull away aggressively and screech their tires when a tip wasn't what they thought they'd get.
...but you live in Quebec LOL

Geez, I'm on a mean streak lately. I blame Botti

Old 01-13-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
...but you live in Quebec LOL

Geez, I'm on a mean streak lately. I blame Botti
Hahaha!

But none of these incidents were in Quebec! Well, the taxi was in Quebec but with an Ottawa taxi driver.

Of course, it could all have easily happened in Quebec as we have the same bloody tipping extors... er... culture!

Old 01-13-2017, 02:27 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mej210390 View Post
As an Aussie, I have a friend who is Canadian, I got the impression that Canadians were alot like Aussie, I heard they have Universal health care, have unemployment benefits and a minimum wage like Aussies did, so why do they tip on top of their minimum wage, Aussies get a "high" minimum wage ($17 Aussie) by world standards but people don't recognise (which is why i did inverted commas around the high word) is that the cost of living is higher too, but why tip, whats the reason behind tipping if one gets a living wage? what are the reasons, just customary?
I'll assume if i go to Australia i wont need to tip..

Old 01-13-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acajack View Post
hahaha! :d

but none of these incidents were in quebec! Well, the taxi was in quebec but with an ottawa taxi driver.

Of course, it could all have easily happened in quebec as we have the same bloody tipping extors... Er... Culture!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada