Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 10:36 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,212,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambinobetrippin View Post
Any serious answers?
That is a serious answer. You've been provided both the link directly to the Canadian Immigration site, as well as what it takes to ensure your criminal record is expunged.

There is no better source for information.

Now, if you want anecdotal evidence, I'm sure some random, anonymous internet commenter will be by shortly to pat you on the head and tell you everything will be ok. Will that make you feel better?

Old 01-16-2017, 10:40 AM

3,884 posts, read 3,243,605 times
Quote:
Actually I was looking for permanent residency in Canada to be exact.
Where are you coming from and why you want to live in Canada if I may ask??

P.S.

You mention Trump so I assume you are from the US.....I cannot imagine a more pointless move than a CS graduate going to Canada from the US. You would not gain anything and actually probably doing worse than staying in the US.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:46 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,010,021 times
Quote:
Actually I was looking for permanent residency in Canada to be exact.
You cannot just move to Canada and become a citizen/resident just because you want to.
You have been provided links with good information, start there.
Then contact Canadian immigration and ask them your questions, it is their department and their country so they should be able to give you the correct information.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:56 AM

34 posts, read 26,023 times
Well to give you more details the offense was recognized more as a state law than a nationwide one. Unlawful use of telephone to be exact. I saw state law cause after looking it up the only thing that comes up is South Carolina laws. As for the other person who answered earlier reason I am from the U.S. and could care less about Donald Trump. Reason I mentioned it because I asked a similar question awhile back on another forum and people just automatically assumed it was because of Donald Trump winning the presidency if that makes any sense. Also I wanted to go to Canada for a few years now since I was 18 for educational and employment opportunities in engineering.

Last edited by Gambinobetrippin; 01-16-2017 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: Add more information

Old 01-16-2017, 12:46 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,115,762 times
Quote:
Any serious answers?
Come on up, bring your toque and canoe and you'll be welcome. No paperwork? No problem. Free healthcare and all the poutine you care to eat.

Old 01-16-2017, 12:49 PM

102,072 posts, read 107,051,957 times
Quote:
I'm 21 going on 22 years old and want to go to Canada (and its not because of trump or any other politician, celebrity or any other public figure). Almost a year ago when I was 19/20 I was arrested for a misdemeanor, but never got convicted for the charge. I eventually ended up just doing community service through a diversion program since it was my first offense and getting my record expunged. I was wondering will I still be able to go to Canada or am I banned for life?
What do you plan to do for work in Canada? Do you have a skill they need? Are you an engineer, doctor or scientist?

Old 01-16-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What do you plan to do for work in Canada? Do you have a skill they need? Are you an engineer, doctor or scientist?
As I stated before in my other post I wanted to attend a university in Canada and study engineering and hopefully gain employment. The only skills I have at the moment is a couple of years of self taught coding/programming and planning on getting some it certifications. Also I was looking at the rehabilitation article of the immigration website. I was wondering do I have to wait 5 years or can get a pardon in the mean time?

Old 01-16-2017, 02:48 PM

Well for engineering employment opportunities is better to stay in the US....

Old 01-16-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Well for engineering employment opportunities is better to stay in the US....
So in other words they're not that many engineering opportunities in Canada no matter what province?

Old 01-16-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
So in other words they're not that many engineering opportunities in Canada no matter what province?

There are but not compared to the US.

Many Canadian professionals, especially IT/CS professionals, would give an arm and a leg to get a US Green Card.

You have literally nothing to gain, as a higher skill individual, moving to Canada. Higher cost of living (especially housing), lower wages, worse weather, less career opportunities. Look elsewhere in the good ol' USA.

If you want to experience a more radical lifestyle and cultural change, try Europe....or at least Australia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada