U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 02:25 PM

12,670 posts, read 8,737,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The more i see of this pompous elitist twit Trudeau the more i'm liking O'Leary
Hmmm. Isn't it possible to dislike both? O'Leary doesn't have your interests at heart. Many Trump supporters are now realizing their mistake....and he's not even sworn in yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 03:20 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,774,955 times
Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
For the record, I am not really a partisan of any political party, though I do lean left-centre left.

That said, why do you get the impression that Canada has been jerked around internationally since Justin Trudeau has been PM?

Oh did not mean to suggest I think we have been jerked around with, but Trump appears to be a dishonest, misogynistic, two faced prick. Canada neighbour is soon going to be lead by someone that does not appear to stand for most the the values that Justin was elected for. The game could be significantly changing. I voted for him. I did not vote for Stephen Harper, but at least I can still think of some things about his that I respected ex His stern professional appearence. He appeared to take his job serious and did not make a habit of running his mouth. He looked like someone who runs a country should ... he looks like someone that was doing his job unlike Trump who had not started yet because does not appear to be conducting himself professionally. I would hate to work in the White House in Human Resources while Trump is in power. Their phones and e-mails are going to get over run lol. Similar to when Rob Ford was always getting in to trouble in Toronto for putting his foot is his mouth..... but a million times worse.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:27 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,774,955 times
Does he even live in Canada? This would be an issue for me. Yes is owns property in Toronto and in Boston, but where does he really live? I am not really liking the idea of the semi-Canadian president. You either live here or you don't. Pick a residence.

If the person running for Prime Minister does not live in Canada full time and I am not feeling this. Otherwise we might as well just outsource the role of Prime Minster to the lowest most quality person or coportation willing to take on the job.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:28 PM

18,262 posts, read 10,360,166 times
Typical of all elections, the good ones who do their work on our behalf aren't in the crosshairs of the press unless they fall under a bus on Queen street.

My riding has a guy named Michael Chong that chose to leave Harper's cabinet over transparency issues and he's running but no one's heard of him.

O'Leary can suck eggs.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:43 PM

701 posts, read 895,724 times
His rejection will be a true demonstration of Canada's superiority over the US. Were there any doubt in the first place.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:59 PM

4,811 posts, read 4,431,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
His rejection will be a true demonstration of Canada's superiority over the US. Were there any doubt in the first place.
I don't know if you are joking or being sarcastic, but please lets not turn this into another Canada vs USA thread. There is already a hundred of those.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:19 PM

701 posts, read 895,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I don't know if you are joking or being sarcastic, but please lets not turn this into another Canada vs USA thread. There is already a hundred of those.
Fair critique. I'll reexpress it: if Canada chooses to follow the US' lead, God help Canada.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:31 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,484,166 times
The Tories, and Canada, need a normal and sensible politician to be the leader of the Conservative party. Michael Chong would be my pick.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:37 PM

449 posts, read 278,940 times
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Kevin O'Leary monolingual? Is it even possible for him to become prime minister of Canada if he doesn't speak French?

Old 01-19-2017, 10:01 PM

21,937 posts, read 27,320,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Kevin O'Leary monolingual? Is it even possible for him to become prime minister of Canada if he doesn't speak French?
There is no law against it but it's been an unwritten rule for over 40 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada