U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 01:39 PM

12,691 posts, read 8,756,192 times

Advertisements

New Jersey?? LOL

Kevin O'Leary Embarrasses Himself on Celebrity Jeopardy!: A Recap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2017, 10:20 PM

873 posts, read 814,965 times
He's the Donald Trump of Canada. He would destroy this country and all its values if he were ever to become prime minister.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:38 AM

34,389 posts, read 41,480,724 times
OK maybe i'll vote NDP in the next election

Old 01-22-2017, 08:36 AM

18,276 posts, read 10,377,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Dang, I feel your pain and am right there with you if this arrogant putz represents the best coming to the table.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:47 PM

12,691 posts, read 8,756,192 times
Quote:
Don't let Chevyspoons hear you say that

Old 01-22-2017, 03:29 PM

873 posts, read 814,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Don't let Chevyspoons hear you say that
I will most likely vote NDP next election. Especially if the liberals don't keep their promise on electoral reform.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:30 AM

34,389 posts, read 41,480,724 times
I'm not and never will be a conservative, although in this past election i supported the Liberals i've come to believe their leader is a pompous little elitist that is still wet behind the ears,that leaves the NDP as my only viable option.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:26 AM

8,593 posts, read 11,079,658 times
Quote:
I'm not and never will be a conservative, although in this past election i supported the Liberals i've come to believe their leader is a pompous little elitist that is still wet behind the ears,that leaves the NDP as my only viable option.
What exactly changed pre and post-election? If anything I think he's become more pragmatic once he actually got the job.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:03 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,180,112 times
Quote:
I'm not and never will be a conservative, although in this past election i supported the Liberals i've come to believe their leader is a pompous little elitist that is still wet behind the ears, that leaves the NDP as my only viable option.
All good, but perhaps a more pragmatic voting approach would be to decide based on one's major policy platforms and rather than purely based on one's (or the media's) preconceived perception of a leader?

The Conservatives have been heaping dung on Trudeau's "child-like inexperience/elitism" for years, so I'm not at all surprised at some of the populist backlash we see today on his every move. These ingrained images of our political leaders have been around for years, augmented by various degrees of hype/exaggerations from our traditional media and now increasingly social media (e.g. how Harper was presented as a heartless bloodsucking dictator, and now how Trudeau is being portrayed as a naive elitist child intent on destroying Canada's economy... I mean c'mon). Often times the reality is more grey than black and white: Harper was probably not as inept/dictatorial as people made it seem to be, and Trudeau is not as naive/inexperienced as the media likes to harp on today.

Personally, I believe they both (ex-PM Harper and current PM Trudeau) want the best for Canada and the vast majority of the Canadian people: which political leader doesn't want the economy to grow, government fiscal revenue to go into surplus, and the majority of Canadian families enjoy growing income? If I were elected PM today, I'd want the exact same things, regardless of whether I run as Conservative or Liberal or NDP or Green.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:05 PM

18,276 posts, read 10,377,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
All good, but perhaps a more pragmatic voting approach would be to decide based on one's major policy platforms and rather than purely based on one's (or the media's) preconceived perception of a leader?

The Conservatives have been heaping dung on Trudeau's "child-like inexperience/elitism" for years, so I'm not at all surprised at some of the populist backlash we see today on his every move. These ingrained images of our political leaders have been around for years, augmented by various degrees of hype/exaggerations from our traditional media and now increasingly social media (e.g. how Harper was presented as a heartless bloodsucking dictator, and now how Trudeau is being portrayed as a naive elitist child intent on destroying Canada's economy... I mean c'mon). Often times the reality is more grey than black and white: Harper was probably not as inept/dictatorial as people made it seem to be, and Trudeau is not as naive/inexperienced as the media likes to harp on today.

Personally, I believe they both (ex-PM Harper and current PM Trudeau) want the best for Canada and the vast majority of the Canadian people: which political leader doesn't want the economy to grow, government fiscal revenue to go into surplus, and the majority of Canadian families enjoy growing income? If I were elected PM today, I'd want the exact same things, regardless of whether I run as Conservative or Liberal or NDP or Green.
Well said indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada