Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 05:30 PM

869 posts, read 1,124,190 times

Advertisements

Dave your post reads like an old time telegram STOP from Union Pacific STOP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 05:50 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,238,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsereed View Post
Dave your post reads like an old time telegram STOP from Union Pacific STOP
Done its deleted. No others need reply to it. But appears more then a spat? Let the anti-US stand and boycotts comments continue. STOP .... But this thread would be moved to the Political and Controversies forum if not in the Canada side ...... STOP

Old 05-21-2017, 06:04 PM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
Done its deleted. No others need reply to it. But appears more then a spat? Let the anti-US stand and boycotts comments continue. STOP .... But this thread would be moved to the Political and Controversies forum if not in the Canada side ...... STOP
Dave, if you sincerely wanted to discuss this subject with Americans on the P&C forum, why haven't You started a thread there? No one here is stopping you.

Old 05-21-2017, 06:08 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
I didn't know It was unacceptable to discuss political or trade issues about other countries in the Canada section of C/D. Why does it have to go in politics and other controversies. Canadians are far less numerous in these forums so a thread on this matter in P&C wouldn't have nearly as many Canadians.

Old 05-21-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I'm in! Where do I sign?
I was all in for having an integrated N.A economy that would strengthen the continent and support N.A industry until Trump decided to take a huge dump on Canada and Mexico. I'm not sure how anyone could honestly feel any other way who is a Canadian or Mexican unless they are Ben Dover.

Re: Saab Gripen, Eurofighter Tycoon or Dassault Rafale becoming fair entrants into the competition (because we all know American Defense Companies have always rc'd pref treatment for our defense needs) writing your M.P would probably be the most practical step a citizen could take.

Last edited by fusion2; 05-21-2017 at 07:54 PM..

Old 05-21-2017, 06:33 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,238,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I didn't know It was unacceptable to discuss political or trade issues about other countries in the Canada section of C/D. Why does it have to go in politics and other controversies. Canadians are far less numerous in these forums so a thread on this matter in P&C wouldn't have nearly as many Canadians.
Sorry I got involved. Just all was political in nature especially comments and threads hinting on such I've seen moved there. Or just my opinion. I commented on post here but was better I deleted it. Not my place. A trade controversy is also political. Comments on boycotts went south... pun intended. Again if on the General US side forum it was posted? I think it would have been moved....

Old 05-21-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Sorry I got involved. Just all was political in nature especially comments and threads hinting on such I've seen moved there. Or just my opinion. I commented on post here but was better I deleted it. Not my place. A trade controversy is also political. Comments on boycotts went south... pun intended. Again if on the General US side forum it was posted? I think it would have been moved....
I get what you're saying but the Canadian forum is a pretty small and tight knit group in here. I'm more than positive other countries outside the U.S in these forums talk about all issues in their small little place simply because of numbers. Let's face it - the P&C section of this forum is a largely if not entirely American Politics and Controversies forum with American only topics and that is ok.

If you feel that strongly, perhaps request to create a Canadian P&C section though I don't really see the point. You're nitpicking lol... That all said, I do personally appreciate your interest in our issues.

Last edited by fusion2; 05-21-2017 at 06:52 PM..

Old 05-21-2017, 07:10 PM

869 posts, read 1,124,190 times
Quote:
I only commented on the delivery, not the content.

Dont go by the Canada CD forum to gauge national public opinion, it is a small sample, 5 or 10 regulars who mostly all agree with each other.

I rarely bother with these US-Canada or City vs City turf wars but here goes.... is a trade war looming?

My guess is yes and as usual there will be losers and winners on both sides

Old 05-21-2017, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsereed View Post
I only commented on the delivery, not the content.

Dont go by the Canada CD forum to gauge national public opinion, it is a small sample, 5 or 10 regulars who mostly all agree with each other.

I rarely bother with these US-Canada or City vs City turf wars but here goes.... is a trade war looming?

My guess is yes and as usual there will be losers and winners on both sides
I suspect the majority of Canadians would support Trudeau's intention to take a firm stand for Canadian interests and not support indifference and allow us to be walked on.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...8451/comments/

Old 05-21-2017, 07:49 PM

Here is a Reuters article on the matter

Boeing scrambles to save big Canada fighter jet deal: source | Reuters

It would be interesting if the Canadian government reviewed the procurement conditions of Air Canada and WestJet's purchase of Boeing aircraft just to make sure everything is kosher with those deals and that Boeing wasn't engaging in dumping here.

Here is an article on the Air Canada purchase of 61 Boeing 737 Max aircraft with an option for 45 more back in 2013.
Air Canada snapping up $6.5 billion in Boeing 737 MAX planes

Interesting part is that the aircraft were most likely sold well below list price to Air Canada to persuade the Carrier to ditch Airbus as its primary short haul fleet supplier. Boeing and Airbus have engaged in this practice for a long time and in part to kill the development of the C Series as a viable 3rd party competitor to their utter dualistic domination of the 110 seat and over global industry so it is a complete sham that Boeing is crying foul when Canada and Canadian companies have been huge supporters of that company for quite a long time. It'll look good on them to lose the Fighter contract and also potentially face Canada's own review of AC and WJA's purchases of their aircraft.

Last edited by fusion2; 05-21-2017 at 08:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada