Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 03:06 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,681,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Sad and pathetic.

I just hope that kid grows up with a different view. I find racists lack a certain intelligence.
Something is up with this lady. To think like that is bad...... but to so openly act and say the things she said screams not stable. No one with their bran intact living in the greater Toronto area which is super multicultural should be dumb enough to think there would be no consequences for saying or acting that way she did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 03:13 PM

17,330 posts, read 32,901,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Something is up with this lady. To think like that is bad...... but to so openly act and say the things she said screams not stable. No one with their bran intact living in the greater Toronto area which is super multicultural should be dumb enough to think there would be no consequences for saying or acting that way she did.
That's what I was thinking, too. It's one thing to *think* it. It's another thing completely to *SAY* it. She's a few fries short of a Happy Meal, I suspect.

Old 06-23-2017, 06:27 PM

18,495 posts, read 15,393,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I'm sure you wouldn't be amazed at how stupid people can be.

However I believe you're right. Something isn't right in her head.

I'm glad I've never witnessed anything so vile.

Old 06-23-2017, 06:57 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,681,854 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I'm sure you wouldn't be amazed at how stupid people can be.

However I believe you're right. Something isn't right in her head.

I'm glad I've never witnessed anything so vile.
I have only seen families or patients go offline this if intoxicated.... state of mania or is very provoked by someone or extemly scared or annoyed because they are in huge distress and feel like they are being ignored.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:07 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,451,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by african ninja View Post
She must be a Conservative supporter, since they're the only ones who do crap like this.
Not really no. While I'm by no means a conservative, it is a disservice to the individual to label them based on ones own prejudices.

There are plenty of conservatives who would find that behaviour abhorrent.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:29 AM

7,662 posts, read 5,440,468 times
Quote:
She must be a Conservative supporter, since they're the only ones who do crap like this.
Because of a different political system (e.g. no primaries), unlike the U.S. very few Canadians are members of a political party - less than 0.5%. Because of that lack of commitment, politics tends to be less divisive and when election time rolls around I think voters tend to listen to all candidates with more of an open mind. They haven't committed their vote in advance to one particular party.

I very much doubt that this woman is one of the 260,000 members of the Conservative Party.

Old 07-12-2017, 12:53 PM

14,679 posts, read 14,800,387 times
Quote:

LOL. That's a mighty broad brush you're painting Canadian conservatives with. Please don't equate Canadian conservatives with American conservatives, okay? Because they really are not the same.

That woman that caused the ruckus is just some ignorant nutcase with a bigot-stick up her bum. She probably doesn't even know what conservative or liberal actually means.

Your location says: Toronto, Canada (but from America, unfortunately). If you are now a permanent resident in Canada then it's time for you to get rid of that chip on your shoulder that you have against conservatives. Feel free to stop thinking dualistically like a bipartisan American in regard to all liberals vs. all conservatives and start thinking like a Canadian with a more open minded and tolerant Canadian attitude.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:52 PM

7,242 posts, read 9,239,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Because of a different political system (e.g. no primaries), unlike the U.S. very few Canadians are members of a political party - less than 0.5%. Because of that lack of commitment, politics tends to be less divisive and when election time rolls around I think voters tend to listen to all candidates with more of an open mind. They haven't committed their vote in advance to one particular party.

I very much doubt that this woman is one of the 260,000 members of the Conservative Party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
LOL. That's a mighty broad brush you're painting Canadian conservatives with. Please don't equate Canadian conservatives with American conservatives, okay? Because they really are not the same.

That woman that caused the ruckus is just some ignorant nutcase with a bigot-stick up her bum. She probably doesn't even know what conservative or liberal actually means.

Your location says: Toronto, Canada (but from America, unfortunately). If you are now a permanent resident in Canada then it's time for you to get rid of that chip on your shoulder that you have against conservatives. Feel free to stop thinking dualistically like a bipartisan American in regard to all liberals vs. all conservatives and start thinking like a Canadian with a more open minded and tolerant Canadian attitude.

Yes. The whole "conservative" "liberal" shtick gets so boring.

Old 07-14-2017, 04:40 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,389,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Yes. The whole "conservative" "liberal" shtick gets so boring.
Especially from the country that supposedly prides itself on "individualism" and lack of the dreaded "group thinking" They've narrowed themselves down to two distinct groups having no discernable differences from each other when all things of actual uniqueness is taken into account.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:49 PM

18,495 posts, read 15,393,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Especially from the country that supposedly prides itself on "individualism" and lack of the dreaded "group thinking" They've narrowed themselves down to two distinct groups having no discernable differences from each other when all things of actual uniqueness is taken into account.
Good point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada