Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 05:49 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
^^^ Yes. She needs help of a shrink, and a long term stay at a psychiatric hospital.
Exactly. (And I hope that none of the doctors in the psych ward are white.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 06:03 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,526,770 times
Yeah, that's happened to me before (I too work in healthcare and am a visible minority). That said, racism is just one of many awful behaviours you're exposed to in customer service. Most people are nice, but there's the 1% that will ruin your day. Sometimes they're racist on top of just being regular jerks.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:41 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Whovery; you may be thinking of these ones that have for the most part withered on the vine.

Canadian Heritage Alliance, is a Canadian white supremacist group founded in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario.[10][11] Detective Terry Murphy of London's Hate Crime Unit alleged that the group had links with the Heritage Front and the Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge-based Tri-City Skins.[12]

Tri-City Skins, was an Ontario-based white power group active from 1997 to 2002 in the Kitchener-Waterloo and Cambridge area. James Scott Richardson was the group's most visible member, and in October 2001, police believed that Tri-City Skins had 25 members in southwestern Ontario.[

Mostly defunct groups now unless there's something new percolating we don't yet know about.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:52 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whovery View Post
Nope they are still around. Worse than ever. Please check the recent hate crime stats -Kitchener Waterloo is at the very top. London is not far behind. Go to a few pubs in these cities and you will hear outrageous conversations about non-whites spooked boldly in public. I believe other posters here tend to live in areas where racism is concealed behind a back door and may not be willing to believe that it's starting to get out of hand in other areas.

Even in the early 2010's things weren't so bad. There has been a change in mentality of people certain people in recent years that I can not even describe in words.
I live in the Tri-City area but must admit to pub crawling days largely being in my rear view now. You've got my interest so will now do the Timmie's discussion thing (the bullchit table) to glean what I can as there doesn't seem to be anything in the local press offerings.

I'm hoping it's just the old white anglo saxon pharts such as myself venting their spleens with probably nothing coming of it other than the need for a bigger colostomy bag and a rest seat on the front of their walkers.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:59 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whovery View Post
Like it or not a lot of the hoser crowd are not trilled with what the GTA has become in the last 20 years or so. The resentment is building. There are white power groups popping up all over places like Kitchener and the smaller towns. Something is brewing.
Too bad so sad. If those types spent more time getting educated and less times hating and being jealous maybe there would be more white doctors. They can only blame themselves for being under acheiving losers.

I was a limo in a wedding party. It was a wedding between an Italian Canadian guy and a woman from East Coast of Canada. Some people in the brudal party from these background. starting making jokes about East Indian/ Pakistani people failing to realize that even though I look like them my family is from Trinidad and I have family that looks like those people they were making fun of. What makes me laugh is that these fools making racist jokes work working class jobs meanwhile the people they were making fun of end up owning companies.. being doctors .... politicians .... heads of coporations ... engineers .. Russell Peter's why because they work harder!!!!! So in short they better learn how to kiss some brown butt or actually roll up their selves and actually focus on getting an education rather then being a jealous bum.

I was dying of the irony if these ignorant comments I was hearing. These people have parents that came to.this country did not even get of their butts to learn the language and thwy have the never to be insulting these people that take pride in education that come here an retrain to become professionals. Total mind blowing. Please note I am not trying to suggest all Italian, Portuguese or East Coast Canadians are like this because that is not true. I am just giving examples based on the people I was exposed to growing up.

Last edited by klmrocks; 06-21-2017 at 08:54 PM..

Old 06-21-2017, 08:36 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
I think people like that just enjoy being trouble makers.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:20 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Please get a taste of the BS that my co-workers and myself deal with on a regular basis working in health care settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf2sZxdF4i4

If you or your loved one is sick enough to need care from a health care professional don't dare pull this nonsense on anyone.

This is the perfect example of why I think health care professionals should be able to invoke the right to refuse to provide services to patients.

We go in to our professions with goal of trying to help people... but most of us end up dealing with immese unreasonable verbal abuse and threats from ignorant and unreasonable people on a regular basis.

The system is set up to protect the rights of the raving idiot vs the licensed health care provider.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo glad that someone taped this and it got national media attention.

Judging by her accent and her appearance I really question if she is likely first generation Canadian from either from Italian or Portuguese decent.

I went to high school full of people like this! Most of which have parents that could barely speak English, were poorly educated and worked manual labour jobs ex construction, cleaners, factory works, but for some strange reason thought they were better then everyone.

Please note I am not saying this is the normal in Ontario... but it certainly does happen.

P.S. Just reminder to anyone working in a health care environment if patients or their family members get verbally or physically aggressive with you call a CODE WHITE. If they don't follow direction to stop the desribed aggressive verbal or physical behaviour and/or to leave the area call the police. If your place of employment does not take measures to protect the safety of you or your co-workers call the Ministry of Labour and file a complaint. We are entitled to a safe work environment under labour laws. You do not have to wait until someone physically harms you to call the police. This is verbal abuse and we do not have to put up with it.
She's not Portuguese based on demeanor body language or culture and I've never seen a Portuguese person pull the stupid ass ignorant racist white card. You really shouldn't be making uninformed assumptions about the ethnicity of this woman.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:29 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
She's not Portuguese based on demeanor body language or culture and I've never seen a Portuguese person pull the stupid ass ignorant racist white card. You really shouldn't be making uninformed assumptions about the ethnicity of this woman.
There were a couple dozen Portuguese immigrant families in my neighborhood where I grew up. If you think they can't be racist, verbally racist, then you are wrong.

Of course my area was about 80% black and very high crime, so opportunities for that sort of thing were really common. Growing up I got the impression that Portuguese people reeeally didn't like black people. As bad if not worse than the Italians who were kind of famous locally for being racist.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:20 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
There were a couple dozen Portuguese immigrant families in my neighborhood where I grew up. If you think they can't be racist, verbally racist, then you are wrong.

Of course my area was about 80% black and very high crime, so opportunities for that sort of thing were really common. Growing up I got the impression that Portuguese people reeeally didn't like black people. As bad if not worse than the Italians who were kind of famous locally for being racist.
What makes you think I believe there aren't any racist one's? The woman in the video doesn't have the demeanor nor the mannerisms or the culture of a Portuguese woman period. I know Portuguese women of all social classes and education levels.

I have no idea what you are talking about there are bigoted people in every ethnic group. The west coast rednecks are by far the most racist clannish group around here against Mexicans and Blacks. If I go to any Portuguese function there are a ton of Portuguese married to Anglos's some Latino's and a few Black people and there is never any kind of disturbance ever. So quit trying to paint a distorted picture of a group you know little to nothing about.

Old 06-22-2017, 07:40 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Really she looks just like my cousins wife who is Portuguese Canadian. That being said it is more the phonetics of how she is speaking and not what she is staying that make me question that. It is first generation idiots I am referring too that grow up in the Catholic High School that I grew up in that act like this. Regardless going around saying stuff that openly screams crazy. In high school people use to say stuff like this openly because going to a Catholic school they were not exposed to a lot of other religious and ethnic groups. Anyone who went past high school should have gained more exposure. But I think this is more of a her issue then what ever background she is from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada