Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 02:46 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,774,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Totally agree. As I European I use the term "Single Payer" also to describe hybrid system like we have in Italy....technically is incorrect to call it single payer.

You are correct The US will never get a truly single payer system but rather a hybrid system...some sort of base Medicare for all. If you want better and additional care you will have to pay for it.
I beg to differ. You cannot get better healthcare than my wife and I have. We both have Medicare Advantage plans from Health Net. We don't have any copays, nor deductibles. Included are prescription drugs, dental, visiom, homecare, and free transportation It also includes free gym membership. Our care is great and doesn't cost us anything. We do NOT have to pay any premium for our MA plan. It is available to all people 65 living in Southern California. My sister is a senior and lives in British Columbia. We often compare services and she readily admits that our care is far superior.

People who are opposed to a voucher system don't realize that Medicare Advantage Plans are essentially the same thing. The only difference is that the government pays the premium directly to the insurance company. You still get to choose what you want. I have my choice of 29 different MA plans competing for my business.

Last edited by JohnSoCal; 07-09-2017 at 03:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 01:01 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,049,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by african ninja View Post
So what you're saying is that the American healthcare system is the laughingstock of the world (even with Obamacare, which was a Republican invention, BTW), and no one in their right mind would want to emulate it? Tell me something I don't know.
How much of the healthcare you receive in Canada was invented by evil capitalist pigs in the US? Medications, medical devices, medical techniques, and on and on. Compare and contrast medical innovation in Canada to the US, then get back us on how our system is the laughing stock of the world. You might now like it, but you sure do benefit from it. The whole world does.

Old 07-11-2017, 04:24 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
I beg to differ. You cannot get better healthcare than my wife and I have. We both have Medicare Advantage plans from Health Net. We don't have any copays, nor deductibles. Included are prescription drugs, dental, visiom, homecare, and free transportation It also includes free gym membership. Our care is great and doesn't cost us anything. We do NOT have to pay any premium for our MA plan. It is available to all people 65 living in Southern California. My sister is a senior and lives in British Columbia. We often compare services and she readily admits that our care is far superior.

People who are opposed to a voucher system don't realize that Medicare Advantage Plans are essentially the same thing. The only difference is that the government pays the premium directly to the insurance company. You still get to choose what you want. I have my choice of 29 different MA plans competing for my business.
My parents had a similar set up in Florida,problem is you have to be 65 to qualify for such benefits,those under 65 have a tougher time getting healthcare and/or affording it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada