U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2017, 03:41 PM

5,131 posts, read 3,639,022 times

Advertisements

Well this just makes me sick. I am just disgusted with our court system.

I hope anyone living in the St. Catharines area will never use this vet. He isn't fit to look after a goldfish. Please don't give this man another cent of business.

Quote:
According to statements provided to the College of Veterinarians of Ontario in Oct. 2013, Rekhi “grabbed Taz, a Chihuahua, by the throat and punched the dog multiple times in the face.”

Another incident described in the complaint alleged Rekhi hit a husky in the face while the dog was under anesthetic during a neuter procedure.

The College of Veterinarians of Ontario later found Rehki guilty of professional misconduct and suspended him for ten months.
Quote:
Newstalk 610 in St. Catharines reports that Crown prosecutor said in court Friday that because the Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals started an investigation into Rekhi without receiving a formal complaint, he should not have been charged criminally.
Crown drops all charges against St. Catharines vet accused of hurting animals | CP24.com

It is my view that veterinarians are to help animals. Not to hurt them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 09:40 PM

Am I the only one outraged at this? No comments? nada? shaking my head

Old 11-04-2017, 02:35 AM

5,478 posts, read 6,188,133 times
I'm a dog lover. I've had as many as four dogs at a time and am now down to two dogs, a red heeler and a 14 year old male German shepherd. My dogs have passed away at ages of 14, 15, and almost 16. I don't live in Ontario and so this particular vet isn't one I would ever see, hence my lack of comment.

As far as our court system, it sounds like there was a problem with the investigation preceding the police investigation. I would have a bigger problem with the veterinary society giving this creep back his license.

Old 11-04-2017, 04:52 AM

1,829 posts, read 1,572,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
It is my view that veterinarians are to help animals. Not to hurt them.
My view also, and that of my neighbour, who is a vet. He's retired, and given up his license, but he has helped many times with my cats. Licenses expire, but knowledge never does; and he has only ever dealt with my cats with kindness and professionalism, even if we're only having coffee in my living room and the cats come up to say hello. And at other times, in emergencies for example, he's been here in an instant, and been professional in his dealings with my cats. Especially if we need to go to the local pet hospital, where he helps advise the local licensed vet (who knows him) on the problem.

When I saw this item on the TV news, I was shocked. As a legal professional myself, I am well aware of our code of ethics. I don't know the veterinary code, but I'm pretty sure that what that veterinarian did was against it. Knowing my neighbour, and his love and care for animals, I am surprised that somebody who had such callous disregard for the welfare of animals would even enter that profession--which is what that Ontario vet demonstrated on TV.

Old 11-04-2017, 11:58 AM

4,620 posts, read 2,609,668 times
Now there’s 2 horrible things to come out of St. Kitts - this guy and Karla. Maybe put them both in a large cage and they can fight for who gets to escape.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Now there’s 2 horrible things to come out of St. Kitts - this guy and Karla. Maybe put them both in a large cage and they can fight for who gets to escape.
Better yet, just throw the cage into deep water and walk away.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:04 AM

686 posts, read 364,950 times
A couple of legal points.

The Ontario Society For The Prevention of Cruelty To Animals. OSPCA.

It is not a Police agency. It is a self governing organisation with no powers of arrest, and limited powers of investigation .

They conducted an investigation, with out having a specific complainant. They sought a warrant from a court that was granted based on false information they provided. The Regional Police also conducted a investigation, which disclosed that the OSPCA had acted outside of it's legal remit.

The Crown Attorney having reviewed the facts, declined to lay charges, citing the lack of a proper basis for the original warrant. The Crown is the final deciding agency.

I know that some people are upset....but if the proper process is not adhered to, by the OSPCA, then the fault lies with their actions.

XXX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or