Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 07:29 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times

Advertisements

Oh my!

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...BfT?li=AAggFp5

Here we go again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2018, 08:12 AM

295 posts, read 263,796 times
I hope he wins. Need to replace Wynne ASAP. And the "Peoplekind" in 2019.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:11 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
The Ontario PC convention is over, and a leader has been chosen? Good. I don't care who was chosen; it's over.

Now, can we get back to matters of truly national importance? We who are not in Ontario have been subjected to this Ontario PC party crap on our newscasts for the last few weeks, and we'd like to see national news. Not Ontario news. National news. Like what happens in Ottawa and elsewhere internationally, not Toronto. I'm sure Torontonians and Ontarians care, but it all means nothing to me here in Alberta.

CBC, CTV, Global, the Toronto Star, the Globe and Mail, the National Post, and all others who purport to be national--stop with the Ontario PC party news. The 20,000,000 Canadians who do not live in Ontario don't care about Ontario's PC party.

'Nuff said for now.
LOL

Ya, well I'm afraid it's going going to get worse now that he's leader. My friends in Toronto will start sending me news stories EVERY day and complaining.

Maybe I'll just unplug my internet.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:37 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I dunno Fusion but I sure wish you'd stop doing that.

What about this scenario of Ontario politics being in such a state that we're essentially picking from a litter of awful zombies the one with the freshest sores to lead us being vaguely familiar to.......guess...?

No one with any solid moral or ethical grounding is willing to subject themselves to the clusterflop of scrutiny by a media digging into their underwear drawer so it falls to those who crave the big chair for no other reason than what it does for them.

We really need to question this leadership convention process and how delegates are selected to pick our prom kings/queens.
I was really open to giving the PC's a whirl as I too am sick of Liberal corruption in Ontario. Now though, uggh I really don't know. I just can't see myself voting for Ford. None of the above option lol..

Old 03-12-2018, 09:39 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Well guys complaining about hearing Toronto and Ontario on the news.. I did just post this in a thread related to Ontario so if ya have that thang against us - you can always just not post in this Ontario thread.

Anyway - by all means continue the Toronto/Ontario complainathon - It used to bother me but now I just find it fascinating :P

I had to endure watching the Alberta/B.C drama for a bit too.. I wasn't complaining and was interested but I don't have that 'thang' against y'all.... I'm certainly open to what is going on and hearing about the goings on in your neck of the woods. I'm going to Vancouver in June for a conference so see you at the Pub Nat... I can't say I won't complain about the situation of Provincial politics in Ontario- it really sucks right now lol but I promise I won't say a thing to Chevy - he might blow about any talk of OntariO

Last edited by fusion2; 03-12-2018 at 10:05 PM..

Old 03-13-2018, 09:00 AM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
Help the Globe and Mail monitor political ads on Facebook:

Quote:
Because they're so customizable, Facebook ads are now a core part of a party's messaging strategy. However, while we've seen many reports on what a big role Facebook ads played during the recent U.S. presidential election, we still know almost nothing about how these ads are being used in Canada.
Quote:
By installing the browser extension, you can help The Globe keep track of the thousands of political ads served on Facebook
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle37801040/

Old 03-13-2018, 11:18 AM

2,829 posts, read 3,171,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Help the Globe and Mail monitor political ads on Facebook:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle37801040/
Thank you. This is very useful, as we get increasingly more and more political ads / partisan articles via social media - some of them benign, and some with ulterior motives by foreign actors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada