Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 04:36 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,410,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
You want your free Million $ idea, come up with a way to test someone under the influence of pot, not just if it's in their system. A potalyzer if you will.
There is a way, but it is complicated.

It's a urine test. Not very practical at the roadside, true.

I defended inmates at the local correctional institution, very often on drug charges. Typically, we'd look at 50 nmg on marijuana charges. That is, 50 nanograms of THC per milliter of blood. Over that, and they were impaired; under that and they were not.

A urinalysis required trained technicians, and a (sometimes un-) willing participant. Not so surprisingly, most correctional centre participants declined participation. Didn't matter; they were forced to anyway. They were welcome to cooperate, but not all did.

In any event, a urinalysis can show impairment, much as the Intoxlizer can show impairment, back at the police station. Either way, there are tests for marijuana intoxication. They're just not easy, roadside ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 05:40 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,272,185 times
Smoking a big no....edibles maybe....but only “low” power
as I don’t want to freak out, like what happened to those Toronto Police officers
who ate marijuana edibles on the job and had to call for assistance,
I wonder what happened with the investigation on that one,
local news I find are weak on following up.
I hope they were fired....probably only a slap on the wrist with pay,
Police union is powerful.

Old 02-24-2018, 11:41 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,403,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Smoking a big no....edibles maybe....but only “low” power
as I don’t want to freak out, like what happened to those Toronto Police officers
who ate marijuana edibles on the job and had to call for assistance
I wonder what happened with the investigation on that one,
local news I find are weak on following up.
I hope they were fired....probably only a slap on the wrist with pay,
Police union is powerful.
That is hilarious! Serves them right.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:04 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Be careful of those edibles as the effect doesnt happen as rapidly as smoking so one is liable to overconsume an edible thinking its not really doing anything,then about an hour later it kicks in and if you ate too much you are in a heap of trouble.

Old 02-25-2018, 11:12 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Be careful of those edibles as the effect doesnt happen as rapidly as smoking so one is liable to overconsume an edible thinking its not really doing anything,then about an hour later it kicks in and if you ate too much you are in a heap of trouble.
Good advice. Something to try on a Friday night!

Old 02-25-2018, 02:04 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
This is one of the issues that legalization has to deal with. How to label the strength of what you are buying, and how much is in each edible.

I learned the hard way with that cookie. (s) Exactly what you said happened. I had one, felt nothing after 30 minutes, so had another. Boom.

Had to stay over in a spare bedroom. Room spinning. Hated it. That was 20 or more years ago. Haven't eaten any since.

Old 02-25-2018, 02:45 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,324,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
This is one of the issues that legalization has to deal with. How to label the strength of what you are buying, and how much is in each edible.

I learned the hard way with that cookie. (s) Exactly what you said happened. I had one, felt nothing after 30 minutes, so had another. Boom.

Had to stay over in a spare bedroom. Room spinning. Hated it. That was 20 or more years ago. Haven't eaten any since.
That doesn't sound like fun. Did you feel anything to understand the appeal? I felt nothing good.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
That doesn't sound like fun. Did you feel anything to understand the appeal? I felt nothing good.
Not with the cookie no, but I had too much obviously

I have smoke a few times...it's was a nice relaxing feeling. I could sort of see the appeal, but I don't like smoking, I cough and choke LOL. So, I'd rather have a glass of good quality beer, or wine to heck with the calories!!

Old 02-25-2018, 03:13 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Not with the cookie no, but I had too much obviously

I have smoke a few times...it's was a nice relaxing feeling. I could sort of see the appeal, but I don't like smoking, I cough and choke LOL. So, I'd rather have a glass of good quality beer, or wine to heck with the calories!!
I like my wine/beer as well so on the days I know I am going to consume it, I just watch everything else I eat to balance it out. Makes a big difference!

As for edibles, I've never tried them and would be open to it but based on everything I am hearing and reading about them, i'd be very cautious and do so in a smaller quantities to see how I react.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I like my wine/beer as well so on the days I know I am going to consume it, I just watch everything else I eat to balance it out. Makes a big difference!

As for edibles, I've never tried them and would be open to it but based on everything I am hearing and reading about them, i'd be very cautious and do so in a smaller quantities to see how I react.
My problem is that I think of food that would go well with my wine or beer

Some beers are SO great with a ham and good mustard sandwich, or sausages.

Whenever I make a good pasta with an amazing tomato sauce..I'm thinking what wine to have with it. LOL

I'm not expecting to see much change here in Vancouver or BC once it becomes legal. It has just been around for so long, and in the last few years not hidden at all with numerous store fronts selling openly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada