Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 07:09 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,799,455 times

Advertisements

I watched some episodes of it on the Ion television network. At first, I thought the bald actor was Ed Harris.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 08:44 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times
If you're talking about Enrico Colantoni and not Hugh Dillon, you may have recognized him as the father in the series Veronica Mars, a show I enjoyed but was all too short in it's 3 season run.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veronica_Mars

However:

Hugh Dillon https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Dillon

Old 04-25-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
If you're talking about Enrico Colantoni and not Hugh Dillon, you may have recognized him as the father in the series Veronica Mars, a show I enjoyed but was all too short in it's 3 season run.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veronica_Mars

However:

Hugh Dillon https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Dillon
I meant Hugh Dillon.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:32 PM

26,871 posts, read 37,997,315 times
Back when I was a kid I was pretty much an anglo for all intents and purposes, and most of the first "Canadian" TV shows I watched were in English, not French.

One of the main reasons I eventually took a look at Quebec TV is because Anglo-Canadian shows were so often on such a short leash that as soon as I got interested in one, they'd often get cancelled - sometimes even in mid-season before the story could even be concluded.

I found that very irritating as a viewer, and it led to me to stop taking Anglo-Canadian TV seriously for a very long time.

BTW I know there are exceptions of long-running shows, but they're still not that common even today.

Old 04-25-2018, 04:40 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,860,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Back when I was a kid I was pretty much an anglo for all intents and purposes, and most of the first "Canadian" TV shows I watched were in English, not French.

One of the main reasons I eventually took a look at Quebec TV is because Anglo-Canadian shows were so often on such a short leash that as soon as I got interested in one, they'd often get cancelled - sometimes even in mid-season before the story could even be concluded.

I found that very irritating as a viewer, and it led to me to stop taking Anglo-Canadian TV seriously for a very long time.

BTW I know there are exceptions of long-running shows, but they're still not that common even today.
Flashpoint was on for five seasons and 75 episodes. That isn't insignificant by any measure. What about the Littlest Hobo and the Beachcombers. They were on forever. Lot of Anglo Canadians shows were and are on for a long time.. Murdoch Mysteries!!?? The red green show was on for 15 seasons and 300+ episodes.

Old 04-25-2018, 05:50 PM

Quote:

What French Canadian shows are in it for the long Haul?

Old 04-25-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Flashpoint was on for five seasons and 75 episodes. That isn't insignificant by any measure. What about the Littlest Hobo and the Beachcombers. They were on forever. Lot of Anglo Canadians shows were and are on for a long time.. Murdoch Mysteries!!?? The red green show was on for 15 seasons and 300+ episodes.
I did acknowledge there were exceptions. I guess it was just my impression. But the Americans (and later the Québécois when I got into it) didn't let me down nearly as much.

Though I am not the only one. I've heard this criticism before and actually I only realized it after someone else said it. (I basically had tuned out before, but without making a conscious decision.)

Old 04-25-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
What French Canadian shows are in it for the long Haul?
You can always find examples to prove one side of the argument of the other. Fusion just provided some good examples.

Overall though, Quebec TV is way more predictable and comprehensive from a viewer perspective.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
You can always find examples to prove one side of the argument of the other. Fusion just provided some good examples.

Overall though, Quebec TV is way more predictable and comprehensive from a viewer perspective.
What Quebec TV shows have been on the air a long time?

Old 04-25-2018, 08:39 PM

Well this show just ended last year and was on for 15 years. I never understood the appeal at all. But this type of longevity is not uncommon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBVG6-3bt7M

This show is of better quality IMO. It's in its sixth season. About a women's prison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPD0IP4Hf2Q
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada