Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 07:55 PM

518 posts, read 398,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Has QuebecOpec never heard of Bombardier? They do business in many countries, including the US. That means they do business in several languages.

I'm not sure whether Bombardier communicates in Greek when they do business in Greece... it seems like they do business only in English, French and German and that's it? I don't know in how many languages they do business, can't judge it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2018, 08:39 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,769,635 times
This nonsense has got to stop. I just hope the next time I visit Canada that I will still be welcomed after all this is said and done. Those who support trade wars are either super rich and can go anywhere they want and still be welcomed like Trump or super poor and super stupid because they don't travel the world and don't realize how interconnected it is.

Old 06-01-2018, 08:49 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecOpec View Post
Well, Donald Trump said that Canada was unfairly treating the US and had imposed hidden trade barriers long time before,........

He has been saying exactly the same things about USA's other long time trade partners and allies too, not just Canada. Trump is lying through his teeth again as usual, and you want to believe his pot-stirring nonsense.

Old 06-01-2018, 08:58 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
If the US sets these tariffs then it's only logical that we retaliate. Nothing against the US, but that's how markets operate.
I think the only person who was surprised at that fact was Trump.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-01-2018, 10:07 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,243,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Has QuebecOpec never heard of Bombardier? They do business in many countries, including the US. That means they do business in several languages.
Bombardier lost many US contracts for transit cars in US cities to a Chinese company.

They lost gaining Boston. Keeping Chicago and for Philly I believe they bid too. This all before this trade war rhetoric.

The Chinese company undercut it big time and agreed to build Boston's replacement transit trains in a new plant outside of Boston and some trolleys I believe for Philly. Chicago will have its next group of new transit trains built in a new pant being built in Chicago itself by this Chinese company. They will still look similar to bombardier earlier trains they did for Chicago still on use.

The Chinese rail equipment manufacturer won contracts in Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia and Los Angeles.

Under the new Chinese Chicago deal, up to 846 new 7000 series rail cars are planned over 10 years in the 1.3 billion dollar contract. Bombardier had supplied the CTA’s 5000 series rail cars. CSR- Sifang America JV will produce the transit cars in Chicago.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/bi...n-cta-history/

Bombardier LOST MONTREAL - Quebec's Caisse spearheads $6.3-billion railway project in Montreal. Caisse owns 30% of Bombardier railway division. New Montreal rail cars coming from, wait for it, France's Alstom. After losing CSeries to Airbus, the Quebec Government now Gives its Train Contracts to France Alstrom

https://www.fliegerfaust.com/bombard...532471590.html

MTA’s new fleet of subway cars plagued by mishaps new transit cars delivered. The MTA also barred Bombardier from bidding on a $3 billion contract for a future model set to be delivered by 2023.
Bombardier shut out of NYC subway contract bidding due to past delays.
Manufacturer's poor performance and delays 'sealed the fate of our bid,' internal memo says

Bombardier shut out of NYC subway contract bidding due to past delays | CBC News

Old 06-01-2018, 10:56 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
This nonsense has got to stop. I just hope the next time I visit Canada that I will still be welcomed after all this is said and done. Those who support trade wars are either super rich and can go anywhere they want and still be welcomed like Trump or super poor and super stupid because they don't travel the world and don't realize how interconnected it is.
I don't think Canadians would direct any anger at the American people. For me, most of the American people didn't vote for this guy and most Canadians know that. They also know that the Americans who actually come here, are more likely not to be Trumpists. In any event, people are people and politics is politics but tbh - I really don't think U.S/Canada relations will be the same again.

Old 06-01-2018, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecOpec View Post
You don't seem to understand. Québec will be positively affected.

More trade barriers = counter trade sanctions = more counter trade barriers = more counter trade sanctions = Less trade with the United States = Less interaction with the US = decrease of % of use of English as working language in Québec = Less anglisication of Québec = increase of % of use of French as a working language = positive news for Québécois.

I encourage Donald Trump to impose more trade barriers. It's the best, for both his country and Q.

What do we have to offer to the US? They don't need our products anyway. Our only export hit was Céline Dion.

It is much better for the US to focus on their internal market and help their own local producers, instead of sacrificing US-Amercian labor force only because somewhere else it is a little cheaper, while it is also much better for Québec to become more isolated again. More isolation = less globalization = local culture is more preserved = more French & more real Québécois values.

I can't complain about Trump, so far I'm happy that he is president. He did all the right decisions. Also recently, he denied Haitians to stay in the US and Haitians crossed as a consequence the borders to come to Q., and they helped to increase the % of French by 0,1% (every % matters).

Also Canada is such a hypocrite country, it quitted the Kyoto Protocol and withdrew from climate securing obligations long before Trump became president, and when Trump did the same at the Paris conference, it blamed Trump. Everything what America is doing now, Canada has been doing it in disguise before, Canada failed though, while Trump is now doing it successfully.
Whatever you say Chameleon.

Old 06-01-2018, 11:24 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,243,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Whatever you say Chameleon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmcA9LIIXWw

Old 06-01-2018, 11:45 PM

^^^
Ha cute.. Nice you thought of this and connected what I said to what U.L posted in the Pride thread. I remember being a young kid absolutely fascinated by Boy George lol..

Old 06-02-2018, 04:27 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,272,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
He has been saying exactly the same things about USA's other long time trade partners and allies too, not just Canada. Trump is lying through his teeth again as usual, and you want to believe his pot-stirring nonsense.

Trump thinks Canada is a national security threat to the US ....
therefore has to put duties and taxes on Canadian steel to keep America nice and safe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada