Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2018, 11:37 AM

7,306 posts, read 9,314,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Actually my opinion of Trump is so low, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Chinese decided that the simplist way to dial back the trade war substantially would be to bribe Trump personally. Any bull**** reason Trump gave for backing off would be accepted by his base without question.

Right now Trump needs his voting base because he wants a second term. If he should be re-elected, he doesn’t need them anymore. Think about that for a minute. Given his character, I fully expect that a Trump second term would mean Trump using his office to set up deals to enrich himself and his family for decades to come.
Of course! I fully expect that to have happened!

And people who want to be dictators and have their people "sit up straight" always want to enrich themselves. Nothing good ever comes in the end from a narcissist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 12:21 PM

27,546 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Selling my soul, isn't on my agenda.

As for the US doing well, a country is more than a spreadsheet. The US is failing in man ways. Public schools, and healthcare come to mind.

Plus, just the idea that we should support a serial liar, is repulsive.

Where's your morality?
In America as in pretty much all countries, we mainly care about our economy. If that is doing well, then most other things fall into place. Right now, the U.S. has lots of jobs and the unemployment rate is at 3.8%. We have not seen such a good economy in a very long time.

Morality is important, but it is also relative. Sometimes, it takes an outsider to shake things up and set things straight. I would think the same of Canada.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:24 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I couldn't rep you any more but sometimes I have such a crush on you!
If I get all of you over here to my picnic table under the maples……..I'm gonna need at least a couple more picnic tables.

Now, where the heck is a "blushing" emoticon when you really need one?

Old 06-19-2018, 12:40 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
In America as in pretty much all countries, we mainly care about our economy. If that is doing well, then most other things fall into place. Right now, the U.S. has lots of jobs and the unemployment rate is at 3.8%. We have not seen such a good economy in a very long time.

Morality is important, but it is also relative. Sometimes, it takes an outsider to shake things up and set things straight. I would think the same of Canada.
Economy is important, but it's not everything. Also, who is the great economy working for? Your unemployment figures only count the people that are actively looking for work, not those that have given up.

How many millions of your people are surviving with government help? A lot of your infrastructure is crumbing. What happened to Trump's plans on that? On affordable healthcare for all, etc. Right, nothing. If you think things are going to bet better under him, be prepared for a shock.

I agree morality is relative, and in this case, putting economy over morally corrupt behavior is wrong.

You people should be out in the streets demanding change, because, it IS possible to have a good economy and morally acceptable behavior.

Old 06-19-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
You people should be out in the streets demanding change, because, it IS possible to have a good economy and morally acceptable behavior.
Would you expect Canadians to protest their leader for trivial personal reasons if he skillfully averted a nuclear missile attack from a rogue foreign nation?

Old 06-19-2018, 03:25 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,282,260 times
Quote:
Would you expect Canadians to protest their leader for trivial personal reasons if he skillfully averted a nuclear missile attack from a rogue foreign nation?
If you think that's what Cheeto vonTinyhands did, I have a bridge to sell you.

Old 06-19-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
If you think that's what Cheeto vonTinyhands did, I have a bridge to sell you.
Well then, that is about political bias, whichever way you look at it.

Old 06-19-2018, 03:36 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,282,260 times
Quote:
Well then, that is about political bias, whichever way you look at it.
?? This is the Canada part of the forum. Complete thoughts are required. The kneejerk reactions are in P&OC.

Old 06-19-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
?? This is the Canada part of the forum. Complete thoughts are required. The kneejerk reactions are in P&OC.
I have a crush on you too.

Old 06-19-2018, 03:50 PM

I don't hold any blame for Americans wanting to put America first as long as they understand that every country in the world is not going to think in terms of putting America first. So it's almost meaningless to say something like that as the international trade that over the years has made everybody more prosperous is built on give and take. Insulting your friends and suddenly deciding that Russia and North Korea are your new best friends is...is...is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada