Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 10:25 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Is this a thread about the most interesting places in each province, or justifying why you won't visit most of them because of your fears and phobias?
What does the thread title say?

It is turning in to a thread about:

The importance of making directions simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 11:24 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Maybe you might consider addressing the thread question rather then offering me travel advise.
I am fairly well travelled and know what I like.

Sorry if the intent if this thread got confusing. But it was not intended tonadvuse me personally but anyone going to each province.

Well I'm sorry about that then because your first post does sound exactly like you are looking for travel advice for only yourself since you have not visited the majority of Canada and can not know what you would or would not like if you have not seen it. And since you have such shallow material and social interests and so many fears and phobias I thought it was only fair to warn you that the west in general is definitely not your cup of tea and indeed might terrify you.

But that may not be the case for other people who actually have a sense of adventure and an appreciation of nature.

From the perspective of other people wanting to visit the provinces I think if they were reading Kitty's and my post a lot of people would find that the thread question is being addressed because many people come to visit the west specifically to see all the kinds of things that Kitty and I both mentioned.

There is no need for you to respond and rebuff each post about what other people find interesting and suggest, otherwise what is the point of anyone responding to your thread at all? The polite thing for you to do is not say anything at all instead of you offering a snub and a reprimand in response.

Last edited by Zoisite; 07-21-2018 at 11:36 AM..

Old 07-21-2018, 11:31 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,403,667 times
Quote:
Some people can't stand nosey cities.
Too many nosey neighbors.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:47 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,403,667 times
Places I would visit in each provinve

B.C - Vancouver Island
Alberta - Rockies
Saskatchewan - Cypress Hills
Ontario - Algonquin park (Toronto is cool but I like visiting city with strong local identities, I don't care about how many varieties of curry, noodles or halal meats a city has)
Quebec - Montreal
New Brunswick - ??
PEI - The Island itself is one destination
Nova Scotia - Cape Breton Island
Newfoundland - Gros Morne.

Old 07-21-2018, 12:10 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Well I'm sorry about that then because your first post does sound exactly like you are looking for travel advice for only yourself since you have not visited the majority of Canada and can not know what you would or would not like if you have not seen it. And since you have such shallow material and social interests and so many fears and phobias I thought it was only fair to warn you that the west in general is definitely not your cup of tea and indeed might terrify you.

But that may not be the case for other people who actually have a sense of adventure and an appreciation of nature.

From the perspective of other people wanting to visit the provinces I think if they were reading Kitty's and my post a lot of people would find that the thread question is being addressed because many people come to visit the west specifically to see all the kinds of things that Kitty and I both mentioned.

There is no need for you to respond and rebuff each post about what other people find interesting and suggest, otherwise what is the point of anyone responding to your thread at all? The polite thing for you to do is not say anything at all instead of you offering a snub and a reprimand in response.

You might want to take your own advice about "being polite"..... but it's okay. I lost interest.

Old 07-21-2018, 12:10 PM

800 posts, read 730,253 times
Quote:
I am not just talking about cold .... there is not much up there.

I don't want to be stuck in the middle of no where.

I think like being surrounded by people.. stores .... traffic .... noise .... signs of civilization..... Wi-Fi signals ......

Why woukd I want to go somewhere to be worried about freezing to death .... getting eaten by a bear ....dyong to dehydration and my body never to be discovered because the area were I am gets very little traffic. Does not sound appealing.

If it is freezing cold in Toronto you pop in to a cafe ... store ... subway station if you are cold.

In some remote place the next building coukd be hours away. ?

I don't want to rough it just to be " cool ". I am not training to e in that tv show survivor. So I have no idea why I would want to spend my hard earn cash travelling out to a Forrest to hang with wild life? I like lots of options on a trip. It might be amazing for someone else ..... but I am not going there to roam around being bored.
It’s just you made this thread and it seems to me you are bashing a lot of Canadian cities / places. Trust me they know their strengths and weaknesses. It’s torontonians that seem to be confused./ unhappy with their standing internatiOnally. Canada does not have many big cities (3 vastly spread out metropolis) so you can conclude their are not many sights/ architecture in this country based off that. A lot of it is that Canada is simply lacking rich history. (Ie Drama)

I just don’t get why you would make this thread just to bash most of Canada. Canadians are mostly docile (my criticism) but it is a beautiful country lots of places to visit. Just need a few historic figures (like every great civilization) was to spearhead the nation into greatness. I know Canada will eventually get a true historic figure cuz we’ll, I’m from here. Lol. Jp

Old 07-21-2018, 02:26 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,324,850 times
For Manitoba, if it were only one thing, it should probably be Churchill and the polar bears.

Old 07-21-2018, 02:30 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,324,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
It’s just you made this thread and it seems to me you are bashing a lot of Canadian cities / places. Trust me they know their strengths and weaknesses. It’s torontonians that seem to be confused./ unhappy with their standing internatiOnally. Canada does not have many big cities (3 vastly spread out metropolis) so you can conclude their are not many sights/ architecture in this country based off that. A lot of it is that Canada is simply lacking rich history. (Ie Drama)

I just don’t get why you would make this thread just to bash most of Canada. Canadians are mostly docile (my criticism) but it is a beautiful country lots of places to visit. Just need a few historic figures (like every great civilization) was to spearhead the nation into greatness. I know Canada will eventually get a true historic figure cuz we’ll, I’m from here. Lol. Jp
I didn't think she was bashing Canada. She was saying big cities are her thing and one is pretty much like the other. I more or less agree with that, which is why cities are not my thing.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:12 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,386,497 times
Quote:
Not scared of the mountain. Scared of being stuck in the middle of no where.

I don't like empty spaces for prolonged periods of time. I have my reasons. Some people can't stand nosey cities. This is my preferred type of space. We are each different.... why is this an issue.

What empty spaces are you referring to?There is no issue in particular except you sound lofty.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:20 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,386,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I didn't think she was bashing Canada. She was saying big cities are her thing and one is pretty much like the other. I more or less agree with that, which is why cities are not my thing.

I live on the "prairies" but not on a farm, not on flat land, but on the banks of a mighty river. I guess I am sensitive to being passed over like the OP did. It felt like an insult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada