Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 07:21 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Yes the designs of the roads and signage all have sort of a European vibe to them, construction zones were pretty organized and i loved hearing french radio stations. the whole mph to kph conversion is fun too, wondering if 10 kph over the limit is as extreme as 10 mph over the limit.

Its also cool when you are driving north and you hit the trans Canada and seeing the highway signs for for away Canadian cities.

After heavily studying the cities you will also notice that the main freeways are meant for long distant travels, maybe suburb of one city to the suburb of another city... here in America every freeway goes straight into the core of pretty much every U.S city which has its ups and downs.

I did however have a cool feeling crossing back home from the country roads of Manitoba to the Interstate Highway system in North Dakota. after answering a million questions to the American border patrol than boom you are right on I-29 speed limit is 70 or 75 and you are just flying by, big billboards everywhere and the freeway signs were insanely larger too.

but of course that is a dramatic change in scenery.

I have never driven on an actual Canadian freeway but i can imagine they are very nice.
Especially if you’re a wild animal. Canada has these neat wildlife bridges. They are super cool:

Old 09-05-2018, 11:26 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Yes the designs of the roads and signage all have sort of a European vibe to them, construction zones were pretty organized and i loved hearing french radio stations. the whole mph to kph conversion is fun too, wondering if 10 kph over the limit is as extreme as 10 mph over the limit.

Its also cool when you are driving north and you hit the trans Canada and seeing the highway signs for for away Canadian cities.

After heavily studying the cities you will also notice that the main freeways are meant for long distant travels, maybe suburb of one city to the suburb of another city... here in America every freeway goes straight into the core of pretty much every U.S city which has its ups and downs.

I did however have a cool feeling crossing back home from the country roads of Manitoba to the Interstate Highway system in North Dakota. after answering a million questions to the American border patrol than boom you are right on I-29 speed limit is 70 or 75 and you are just flying by, big billboards everywhere and the freeway signs were insanely larger too.

but of course that is a dramatic change in scenery.

I have never driven on an actual Canadian freeway but i can imagine they are very nice.
Some great drives here in BC..but mostly on highways. Sea to Sky is one of my favourites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3-v3YAb6us

So is Highway 3. Through some great ever changing scenery, filled with great little stops along the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8a1JCS3UCY

Old 10-06-2018, 06:13 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,173,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I'm not trying to bum out your enthusiasm and pride about your own country but I stopped getting excited and instead started to become worried about crossing the border into the States after the day a bad tempered misogynistic American border guard named Escobar got an ugly bee in his bonnet about me because he thought a single woman wouldn't be travelling alone in the States unless she was up to no good. He decided to have my car searched, he interrogated me, finger printed me and red flagged me in their data base system before allowing me to enter the States. The next few times I crossed the border into America after that, as a result of being permanently red flagged in the data base I was taken aside, detained for half an hour or more each time to be given the 3rd degree and harassed about my "true" intentions while in America all the while my car was being searched before they finally permitted me to continue on my way.
Wow! What is up with the US Border agents? I'm an American citizen, and I never have trouble going to and from Victoria on the ferry from Port Angeles, WA, but TWICE driving back from Vancouver, the agent at the I-5 crossing has interrogated me about how a single woman (I'm 64, mind you) could POSSIBLY go on a vacation by herself. I was flabbergasted. I have a passport, a DL, I look like a regular older lady and was only in the city for a few days. There is no excuse for that treatment. I don't blame you for not wanting to visit anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada