U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-02-2008, 07:49 PM

793 posts, read 1,458,447 times
Default Winnipeg, where to rent a home?

I been told Winnipeg isn't a good city to live in due to high crime there. My struggle is to find a good place to rent with 2 bedrooms to start with at a good price. I am planning to apply for work at the Airport there, so I might want something close by. Is it a good area to live, crimewise and rentwise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 08:08 AM
SKB

898 posts, read 2,366,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
I been told Winnipeg isn't a good city to live in due to high crime there. My struggle is to find a good place to rent with 2 bedrooms to start with at a good price. I am planning to apply for work at the Airport there, so I might want something close by. Is it a good area to live, crimewise and rentwise?
I think if you go looking for crime you will find it.
If you want to live in a nice area close to the airport pick St. James.
If you want to live in a really safe area pick St Vital, or North Kildonan.

I lived in Winnipeg most of my life and never had a problem, my family still lives there and have never had a problem.

You don't want to live in the core areas, that would be dangerous.

Best of luck, I miss Winnipeg but NOT the winters, lol.

I now live in Florida.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:47 AM

793 posts, read 1,458,447 times
thanks, I only been to Winnipeg twice, but haven't looked too much around the times i was there.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:29 PM

20 posts, read 57,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
Hi!
I been living in Winnipeg for at least 17 years, i am from Trois-Rivieres Quebec..
Well its true that there is a lots of crime here but usually its around aboriginal people if you mind of your own business you should be fine...i like it here i really never had any problem with anyone.. Like all city there is alway crime some more some less... but i am sure you will like it here....in the summer at 10:00 the sun just goes down.. i love it ...

Just try not to find appartment around the downtow area... St-Boniface is french its not too bad too, St-Vital is a quiet area also there is St-James but which is close to the Airport...

Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada