U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 07:47 AM

1,589 posts, read 1,976,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICS67 View Post
#12 That Norwegian moose statue really is bigger than the one you have in Moose Jaw...
LOL!! Yes, the States cannot deny the contribution of Norwegians, but on the flip side you Norwegian Minnesotan's have given the Canadians a chance to counter our poking fun at their accent...

S**t Minnesotan's Say

#13 "Oh, your'e from Montreal? I just LOVE smoked meat sandwiches!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 11:55 AM

8,598 posts, read 11,085,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
LOL. It's true, Norway's moose really is taller by 30 centimeters. But Moose Jaw is not to be out done and is going to fix that. They have a plan in the works to equip their statue with a brand new rack that is more impressive and will make it a lot taller than Norway's moose.

Pamela Anderson has been hired as a consultant.

Old 02-04-2019, 01:55 PM

7,257 posts, read 6,591,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Pamela Anderson has been hired as a consultant.

LOL. Good one. Yeah, I bet Pam would appreciate being consulted about such enhancements.

Old 02-04-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
LOL!! Yes, the States cannot deny the contribution of Norwegians, but on the flip side you Norwegian Minnesotan's have given the Canadians a chance to counter our poking fun at their accent...

S**t Minnesotan's Say

#13 "Oh, your'e from Montreal? I just LOVE smoked meat sandwiches!"

I watched that video, understood everything he said and I like the cool accent. Then I watched the next video that came on right after it (How to be a Minnesotan) and it made me think they seem like my kind of people and that Minnesota really would be a good fit as a part of Canada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPl2r_I0_I4

Old 02-04-2019, 04:29 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,976,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I watched that video, understood everything he said and I like the cool accent. Then I watched the next video that came on right after it (How to be a Minnesotan) and it made me think they seem like my kind of people and that Minnesota really would be a good fit as a part of Canada. :
OK, I can get on board with this idea Zoisite, and after having watched your video, I would say if you are going to annex Minnesota to Canada, understand/talk the language and learn to make/eat Ludefisk, you must equally learn to speak "Newfie" for when you are in Newfoundland, and be able to make/eat/enjoy seal flipper pie and cod tongues to be considered a "true" Canadian!! Your first lesson below...

Newfoundland Language Lesson

Old 02-04-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
OK, I can get on board with this idea Zoisite, and after having watched your video, I would say if you are going to annex Minnesota to Canada, understand/talk the language and learn to make/eat Ludefisk, you must equally learn to speak "Newfie" for when you are in Newfoundland, and be able to make/eat/enjoy seal flipper pie and cod tongues to be considered a "true" Canadian!! Your first lesson below...

I'm down with that. I like their accent too. He was a little hard to follow at first when he was talking very fast but when he slowed down to talking normal speed I understood everything he was saying. The longer he talked the easier it became to follow him so I think I could adjust to the Newfie accent okay if I was exposed to it long enough.

I'm not too crazy about ludefisk but would have no problem with me learning to like seal flipper pie and cod tongues. I have already enjoyed open coal roasted seal flipper, and fish tongue chowders were common fare when I was a kid. And also Pacific halibut cheeks combined with salmon roe, livers and testes sliced and stir fried in brandied butter with sweet pickled onions. We eat a fair bit of interesting seafoods here on the west coast too.

Old 06-25-2019, 08:07 AM

9,538 posts, read 9,420,509 times
How about “Rush is overrated”? Or “no good French-language rock song ever came from Quebec”?

Old 06-25-2019, 08:19 AM

8,598 posts, read 11,085,198 times
Both are true. Unfortunately.

Old 06-26-2019, 11:02 AM

5,759 posts, read 4,177,186 times
A fun link. We can take some teasing all in good humour.

Here's a pet peeve of mine: Don't ya hate that spell checker picks up our "u" in so many words like humour, colour, favour, etc, and tells us it's wrong? ugh! We need a Canadian English version of spell check.

https://www.searchenginepeople.com/b...er-market.html

Old 06-26-2019, 11:17 AM

21,947 posts, read 27,365,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
A fun link. We can take some teasing all in good humour.

Here's a pet peeve of mine: Don't ya hate that spell checker picks up our "u" in so many words like humour, colour, favour, etc, and tells us it's wrong? ugh! We need a Canadian English version of spell check.

https://www.searchenginepeople.com/b...er-market.html
The Canadian English spell check does exist on a number of systems - but not all of them.

I just checked and the version of Word I have on my computer has it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or