U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 12:13 PM

1,284 posts, read 897,378 times

Advertisements

10 Things You Can Never Say To A Canadian

There are some things that will seriously push a Canadian's buttons. And you should know not to get in our way. We may be polite, but we're also always ready to throw down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 12:17 PM

2,677 posts, read 1,069,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daynet View Post
10 Things You Can Never Say To A Canadian

There are some things that will seriously push a Canadian's buttons. And you should know not to get in our way. We may be polite, but we're also always ready to throw down.
Yeah!! I like the link.

Old 12-24-2018, 01:01 PM

1,284 posts, read 897,378 times
I got a kick out of it, eh?

Old 12-24-2018, 01:35 PM

7,211 posts, read 6,567,148 times
I really hope nobody took any of that seriously. Sorry, but to me she just sounds like another whiner complaining about immature things that are of very little consequence. None of those things are important. By implying that unimportant stuff like that will push Canadians' buttons she makes Canadians out to sound like a bunch of sheltered crybaby short tempered whoosies who aren't capable of dealing with things that are actually important, let alone deal with the unimportant things.

And then some Canadians wonder why people from other countries get a kick out of teasing Canadians - it's because they know that a lot of Canadians are on the defensive and make it too easy to tease and insult them and are just begging for it. Seriously, why give a damn about the unimportant things that non-Canadians say or think about Canada and why let them yank chains over such stupid stuff? Why is it hard to brush it off?

You know what, if Canadians get their knickers in a twist over that kind of juvenile stuff then they deserve all the teasing they might get dished out to them because they are asking for it.

Old 12-24-2018, 11:36 PM

19,517 posts, read 20,889,630 times
The OP reminded me of this old classic:

https://www.theonion.com/perky-canad...aws-1819563891

Old 12-25-2018, 06:59 AM

13,356 posts, read 7,012,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I really hope nobody took any of that seriously. Sorry, but to me she just sounds like another whiner complaining about immature things that are of very little consequence. None of those things are important. By implying that unimportant stuff like that will push Canadians' buttons she makes Canadians out to sound like a bunch of sheltered crybaby short tempered whoosies who aren't capable of dealing with things that are actually important, let alone deal with the unimportant things.

And then some Canadians wonder why people from other countries get a kick out of teasing Canadians - it's because they know that a lot of Canadians are on the defensive and make it too easy to tease and insult them and are just begging for it. Seriously, why give a damn about the unimportant things that non-Canadians say or think about Canada and why let them yank chains over such stupid stuff? Why is it hard to brush it off?

You know what, if Canadians get their knickers in a twist over that kind of juvenile stuff then they deserve all the teasing they might get dished out to them because they are asking for it.

Yeah, trolling Canadians can be pretty fun. America loves ya though - hope you realize that.

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-26-2018, 06:56 PM

2,969 posts, read 4,075,856 times
Having lived in Canada.....yeah, agree about all except this one..

8. "Canadian beer sucks"

Whoa, la. Have you had Canadian beer? We know how to brew. We are nice and proud of our abilities. Stop calling it "moose urine" and stop being so darn snooty. It doesn't really make sense to rag on another nation's product. Don't you like variety? Aren't we supposed to celebrate differences? I think it's very unfair to insult someone's art. Period.

I lived in Canada at a period of time when American beer was awful. Canadian beer was cool....then American's decided to brew good beer and Canada said their beer was "good enough". So yeah, now it would be "moose ****".

Don't get me started on Canadian wine!!

And yeah, the 51st state stuff really is awful. Nope, only province that is "good enough" to be admitted to the Union is Alberta. Yeah, we will admit Alberta....can we make the rest of Canada a commonwealth like Puerto Rico??

Old 12-28-2018, 07:09 PM

130 posts, read 101,460 times
Jeez, does she have a chip on her shoulder. Sounds very immature and insecure. I've heard lots of Canadians diss the U.S., it's not a one-way street.

And I think B.C. is good enough to be a U.S. state, not just Alberta. Maybe even Saskatchewan, if they'll bring along Corner Gas.

I love Canada, except for Timmy's, which kinda sucks since it merged with Burger King.

Old 12-28-2018, 07:43 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,282,308 times
It's called humor. Apparently it's an alien concept to some people.

Old 12-28-2018, 09:51 PM

12,676 posts, read 14,059,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Yeah, trolling Canadians can be pretty fun. America loves ya though - hope you realize that. ....
Fun, yeah...but trolling Yanks is paradise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or