U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-07-2019, 08:28 PM
 
Location: Somewhere flat in Mississippi
9,518 posts, read 9,399,709 times
Reputation: 6667

Advertisements

I salute our “neighbours” to the north.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gq06M0l5UXE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-08-2019, 01:49 AM
 
Location: Vancouver
12,666 posts, read 8,737,253 times
Reputation: 7273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I salute our “neighbours” to the north.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gq06M0l5UXE
Thanks...but do some Americans think that D-Day was just about them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2019, 05:37 AM
 
34,355 posts, read 41,427,648 times
Reputation: 29840
Obviosly trump does as he sits in the cemetary spewing a litany of hate venom and vitriol against his adversaries, the man has no shame =https://news.yahoo.com/trump-blasts-...155400421.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2019, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Somewhere flat in Mississippi
9,518 posts, read 9,399,709 times
Reputation: 6667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Thanks...but do some Americans think that D-Day was just about them?
The other nationalities tend to get put on the back burner. Omaha and Utah Beaches are well-known (at least among a now-disappearing older generation), but not Gold, Juno, and Sword.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2019, 08:15 AM
 
Location: Somewhere flat in Mississippi
9,518 posts, read 9,399,709 times
Reputation: 6667
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Obviosly trump does as he sits in the cemetary spewing a litany of hate venom and vitriol against his adversaries, the man has no shame =https://news.yahoo.com/trump-blasts-...155400421.html
Has he ever insulted Trudeau?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2019, 10:11 AM
 
34,355 posts, read 41,427,648 times
Reputation: 29840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Has he ever insulted Trudeau?
Take your pick =
https://www.google.ca/search?source=...i3.B2XIDP1QnPg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2019, 02:43 PM
 
Location: Somewhere flat in Mississippi
9,518 posts, read 9,399,709 times
Reputation: 6667
Canadians and Americans really did work together during World War Two.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firs..._Service_Force
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2019, 04:59 PM
 
Location: British Columbia ♥ 🍁 ♥
7,211 posts, read 6,567,148 times
Reputation: 14112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Canadians and Americans really did work together during World War Two.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firs..._Service_Force

My dad was with the Devil's Brigade. There was a really great movie about them, it's called The Devil's Brigade, if you've never seen it it's a must see. https://www.google.ca/search?ei=Lj38...30.VSWY3nmri3s


I still have my dad's uniform shoulder patch tucked away in my treasure chest.



.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2019, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Somewhere flat in Mississippi
9,518 posts, read 9,399,709 times
Reputation: 6667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
My dad was with the Devil's Brigade. There was a really great movie about them, it's called The Devil's Brigade, if you've never seen it it's a must see. https://www.google.ca/search?ei=Lj38...30.VSWY3nmri3s


I still have my dad's uniform shoulder patch tucked away in my treasure chest.



.
I have seen the movie. It is not accurate, and has no Canadians playing the Canadian troops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2019, 09:09 PM
 
Location: British Columbia ♥ 🍁 ♥
7,211 posts, read 6,567,148 times
Reputation: 14112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I have seen the movie. It is not accurate, and has no Canadians playing the Canadian troops.

LOL. Of course it's not accurate, it's totally far-fetched American propaganda made up from the American Hollywood point of view so what else could you expect? Hollywood has never gone for accuracy in anything. You're right about the actors too, the film was made in the late 1960's and Hollywood producers rarely if ever employed Canadian actors then, it was anathema to them. Canadian actors had to become American citizens or at least permanent residents before they were employable to Hollywood, so they could be postered and claimed as Americans. But it's still a great movie, very entertaining, especially entertaining for non-American viewers.
.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top