U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2019, 02:49 PM

7,226 posts, read 6,575,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:

I would have expected things like this to happen for example in your neighboring country, but never in Canada.

Well, you have frequently demonstrated before that you have some rather strange expectations and imaginings about Canada, as well as about our neighbours. I guess this expectation of yours should come as no surprise.

Please don't make jokes about our respective countries' tragedies, it tends to make you sound like a ghoul who delights in other countries' misfortunes.

Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2019, 06:52 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,013,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
Yes, it was a tragic accident. Still, you don't see this kind of GTA/Dukes of Hazzard style jumps very often so there will be speculation when it actually does happen.

It all just seems so unCanadian to me, an unsafe ferry terminal because of the road on a steep hill leading to it, vehicles jumping 50 feet through the air over water at the very moment the ferry takes off hitting it just where an intentional jumper would attempt to land. I would have expected things like this to happen for example in your neighboring country, but never in Canada.
Why would it be unCanadian?

You can find all kinds of people anywhere.

Old 06-28-2019, 07:42 AM

18,266 posts, read 10,368,849 times
Quote:
Yes, it was a tragic accident. Still, you don't see this kind of GTA/Dukes of Hazzard style jumps very often so there will be speculation when it actually does happen.

It all just seems so unCanadian to me, an unsafe ferry terminal because of the road on a steep hill leading to it, vehicles jumping 50 feet through the air over water at the very moment the ferry takes off hitting it just where an intentional jumper would attempt to land. I would have expected things like this to happen for example in your neighboring country, but never in Canada.
Your posts are interspersed with the intended suggestion this was a deliberate act on the part of the driver. Once you are proven wrong in that assumption, why continue to belabour the point of "not like Canada".

We will however make every effort to accede to your impression of Canada being a bland, safe, featureless landscape where nothing of an accidental nature ever occurs.

We're getting right on that as we speak and will let you know when it's safe to visit without fear of accidents caused by landscape features, wild animals wandering onto the highway, or the errant seagull stealing your ice cream and pooping on your Tilly hat.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:25 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,932,930 times
Quote:

Why did you use the plural form here? Your assessment of the safety of this ferry terminal has sample size issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or