U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 04:02 PM

8,565 posts, read 11,062,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I think they ought to stop hurricanes from moving inland to central Canada. People shouldn't suffer here just because of hurricanes in the south.
I'll get on the hurricane thing if you stop sending down cold fronts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:43 PM

5,687 posts, read 6,531,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I'll get on the hurricane thing if you stop sending down cold fronts.
It's a deal!

Old Today, 05:41 PM

7,212 posts, read 6,567,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post

I'm supposed to check your climatology?.
Well, actually, yes, that's precisely what you should do instead of going off half cocked and jumping to false conclusions and accusations of negligence. Do a bit of independent research about the facts. And while you're at it check your own climatology, there is trouble happening there too.

Quote:

....... I don't foresee us having smoke issues anytime soon.
?

You started this thread already complaining about smoke issues right now where you are, so I think you meant to say fire issues?

Quote:

....... That temperate rain forest north of Vancouver island, this is what our climate has become.
That temperate rain forest north of Vancouver Island, which has been like that for many thousands of years, has turned into a dried up fire zone. As a matter of fact the whole west coast from California to Alaska and all across the northern parts of Canada right up to the Arctic Ocean has become one big fire zone. Your climate where you are now isn't immune from becoming the same, so don't count on the rain to save you from burning.

Quote:

....... Nonetheless, my moving back to the Dominican Republic is certainly tempting.
That might actually be a good idea. In the long run I think you might be safer there because all you'd get there are hurricanes, earthquakes and tsunamis, but not much forest fires in the rainforests there. You can leave Chicago's smoky skies behind and become one of the Dominican Republic's first Climate Refugees escaping from America.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada