U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 09:40 AM

827 posts, read 853,470 times

Advertisements

LCBO Warns Customers Of Alcohol Shortage Across Ontario

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeiAMfz4Usc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 11:23 AM

7,268 posts, read 6,597,679 times
From what I understand it's not an alcohol shortage since there's plenty of inventory, it's just a delay in delivery of said inventory. That won't last long. Meh. Let them eat cake ...... and drink coffee. It won't kill folks to wait a bit for their booze but I bet a lot of beer drinkers are in panic mode and making a big run on the black market pot suppliers and bootleggers. LOL. Poor babies.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:57 PM

21,952 posts, read 27,377,612 times
Bad timing!

But for our neighbours... bienvenue au Québec!

Old 07-11-2019, 01:17 PM

12,696 posts, read 8,765,998 times
Bad management. Upgrading systems, all contingencies should have been thought of and plans in place.

I do feel bad though, for the poor man who couldn't get his favourite Chardonnay. Oh the horror!!

Old 07-12-2019, 02:28 AM

2,178 posts, read 1,754,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
... but I bet a lot of beer drinkers are in panic mode and making a big run on the black market pot suppliers and bootleggers. LOL. Poor babies.
No, beer (through Brewers' Retail, aka The Beer Store) is an entirely different distribution system in Ontario. Beer drinkers should be in no trouble, though lovers of gin-and-tonics and wines might be.

ChevySpoons
(ex-Ontario-Beer-Store-Guy)

Old 07-12-2019, 03:14 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,640,132 times
Quote:
It won't kill folks to wait a bit for their booze

It's called withdrawal, it causes seizures and can kill you.

Old 07-12-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post

Sorry, but that's lame and you won't get away with trying to fly that one by me. There's prescriptions and other alternatives to relieve alcohol withdrawals and help prevent seizures from happening. If an alcoholic is that far gone with their addiction that they're at risk of seizures then s/he needs to go to the doctor or the clinic for an assessment and treatment.

I know only too well what it's all about and how and with what it must be treated. For my entire life since babyhood onwards I have been surrounded by and dealing with alcoholics of all stripes and walks of life - namely a parent, other close family members, lovers, two husbands, one of my children, one grandchild, many employers, co-workers, clients, friends, neighbours and now it's also the homeless alcoholics (and drug addicts) that are wandering the street and acting out or tripping out on the sidewalk in front of where I live.

I like an occasional drink myself but I'm not an alcoholic and I still can't escape from alcoholism, it still surrounds me. I don't know anybody who is not now or has not ever been impacted by alcoholism either in themselves or else their loved ones and even by alcoholic strangers. And while I have sympathy and empathy for the suffering of alcoholics, I'm lacking in compassion and I absolutely cannot condone it or enable it. I hate it and deeply resent what it has done to them and what they have allowed it to do to them and to their own loved ones.

So if all the die-hard alcoholics in Ontario have to deal with a short delay in getting their alcohol fix and it proves to be too much for them to cope with then hopefully their desperation will give them the resolve and impetus to go get some professional medical treatment for it.

Last edited by Zoisite; 07-12-2019 at 12:42 PM..

Old 07-12-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
No, beer (through Brewers' Retail, aka The Beer Store) is an entirely different distribution system in Ontario. Beer drinkers should be in no trouble, though lovers of gin-and-tonics and wines might be.

ChevySpoons
(ex-Ontario-Beer-Store-Guy)

Well there you go then and Bob's your uncle ....... so, let them all drink beer.

Old 07-13-2019, 10:20 AM

56,165 posts, read 54,630,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Definitely. I had a good friend who was sober for seven years and then relapsed. She kept a bottle of vodka on her nightstand by her bed because if she didn't have a swig before she got up, she would likely have a seizure. She was an early riser, too, up at 5 most mornings. Passed out cold by mid-afternoon.

She went to rehab a few more times after her relapse but could never maintain her sobriety again for more than a week after she got out. She was dead at 51 of cirrhosis.

Old 07-13-2019, 10:24 AM

56,165 posts, read 54,630,432 times
Quote:
Sorry, but that's lame and you won't get away with trying to fly that one by me. There's prescriptions and other alternatives to relieve alcohol withdrawals and help prevent seizures from happening. If an alcoholic is that far gone with their addiction that they're at risk of seizures then s/he needs to go to the doctor or the clinic for an assessment and treatment.

I know only too well what it's all about and how and with what it must be treated. For my entire life since babyhood onwards I have been surrounded by and dealing with alcoholics of all stripes and walks of life - namely a parent, other close family members, lovers, two husbands, one of my children, one grandchild, many employers, co-workers, clients, friends, neighbours and now it's also the homeless alcoholics (and drug addicts) that are wandering the street and acting out or tripping out on the sidewalk in front of where I live.

I like an occasional drink myself but I'm not an alcoholic and I still can't escape from alcoholism, it still surrounds me. I don't know anybody who is not now or has not ever been impacted by alcoholism either in themselves or else their loved ones and even by alcoholic strangers. And while I have sympathy and empathy for the suffering of alcoholics, I'm lacking in compassion and I absolutely cannot condone it or enable it. I hate it and deeply resent what it has done to them and what they have allowed it to do to them and to their own loved ones.

So if all the die-hard alcoholics in Ontario have to deal with a short delay in getting their alcohol fix and it proves to be too much for them to cope with then hopefully their desperation will give them the resolve and impetus to go get some professional medical treatment for it.

I pass an LCBO in Ontario that has a cemetery next to it. The way it's laid out, it looks as though the cemetery is on the front lawn of the LCBO. I stopped there once to pick up wine, and I took a picture and sent it to an alcoholic relative in recovery. She found it sickly amusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or