U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 11:42 AM

12,724 posts, read 8,811,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I hope they aren’t reading this thread to get any ideas.
And Where’s Acajack?
I'm assuming he is sitting by his pool keeping cool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I made a mistake when I said I thought they made a wrong turn at Thompson. I meant to say I think they made a wrong turn after they passed through Flin Flon and instead of continuing south on Hwy 10 they turned left off Hwy 10 just past Grass River Provincial Park where the junction is for the road that goes north-east to Thompson and then dead ends at Gillam and Bird. I doubt they would have turned towards Thompson if they'd realized they'd dead-end by going that way.

They were far north to start with because they went first to visit Whitehorse in Yukon then returned to BC and the murders occurred shortly afterwards in northern BC near the Yukon border. According to family accounts the families had the understanding the boys would ultimately be headed for Edmonton to look for work. I guess after the incidents happened they just headed due east taking the most northerly routes that would take them through the more remote roads of each province so they could avoid being seen by many people.

I don't believe they intend to go out in a blaze of glory, I think they are just panicked and running for their lives now. That suicide by cop and blaze of glory stuff was what the one boy's father said, but that man appears to be a drunken attention seeking drama queen (as BruSan noticed in his first interview), and I think he has made that up in his own mind. It was obvious he was drunk as a lord during his last interview but even so he was still putting on an act and being melodramatic and was scrunching up pretending to be crying, but there were no tears in his eyes and no change in complexion. So I don't give the father any credibility after seeing his behaviour and hearing what he said about his own son and that boy's mother is gone, the kid spent more time staying with his grandma, not with his dad. His Grandma and the other boy's family are refusing to comment.

I didn't see the father on TV yet, but my friends who have, seem to agree with you. That he is a bit of a loose cannon, and an attention seeker.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:25 PM

472 posts, read 282,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I'm going on record as hoping that's their greatly deserved end. I care less as to the "why" as it's all too common a trend now for some to need the additional "thrill" comparable to pulling the trigger on their X-Boxes.

I cannot think of a better outcome for those who've spent far too much time comfortably ensconced sitting in front of a flat screen pretend machine gunning hoards of threatening zombies and cannot make any better use of their future time than to seek a similar thrill in real life.

Such a terrible waste all around.

This is what happens when young men spend all their time playing violent videogames instead of going outside, socializing, and meeting girls their age.

Old 07-26-2019, 05:02 PM

30,924 posts, read 31,841,828 times
I'm just speculating here, but it seems to me that they would not have burned the Rav4 until they secured another vehicle....Perhaps someone not from Gillam, but someone just passing through...I hate to say it I would not be surprised if another body, or bodies are eventually found...

By the way I lived in Port Alberni for 25 years until 1991....It had it's rough side then, but nothing like this.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:34 PM

7,349 posts, read 6,640,391 times
Some information about the special RCMP police dogs that they've brought in:

‘The SEAL team of canines’: How police dogs are helping in the Manitoba manhunt

Old 07-26-2019, 09:10 PM

5,710 posts, read 6,560,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'm just speculating here, but it seems to me that they would not have burned the Rav4 until they secured another vehicle....Perhaps someone not from Gillam, but someone just passing through...I hate to say it I would not be surprised if another body, or bodies are eventually found...

By the way I lived in Port Alberni for 25 years until 1991....It had it's rough side then, but nothing like this.
It makes no sense to me either that anyone would burn their only means of transportation in such a locale. The police made mention today that perhaps someone had inadvertently helped them get away.

Old 07-27-2019, 12:58 PM

https://globalnews.ca/news/5687160/b...-rcmp-manhunt/

Old 07-27-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I wonder if this is shaping up to be the biggest manhunt in Canadian history?

Old 07-27-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I wonder if this is shaping up to be the biggest manhunt in Canadian history?
Until now it's been Albert Johnson. https://tundranorthtours.com/blog/la...y-mad-trapper/

Old 07-27-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Until now it's been Albert Johnson. https://tundranorthtours.com/blog/la...y-mad-trapper/
Interesting story, didn't know that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada