Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2019, 10:00 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,006,450 times

Advertisements

Food is the greatest common denominator of humankind. If everyone integrated all their foods and styles of cooking then all the people would be happy and everyone would integrate with each other just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 10:45 AM

82 posts, read 71,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Food is the greatest common denominator of humankind. If everyone integrated all their foods and styles of cooking then all the people would be happy and everyone would integrate with each other just fine.
But there is no English Canadian cuisine. You guys just make mediocre American food.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:50 AM

183 posts, read 218,272 times
The CAQ is a positive influence, in my opinion.

I think that they are acting logically and in the best interest of Québec. Usually I am only a supporter of separatist parties, but the CAQ still seems to be moving in that direction. Plus they are taking appropriate action to improve our economy. I feel that with each day that passes Québec is acting more and more like an independent country.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Manners View Post
But there is no English Canadian cuisine. You guys just make mediocre American food.

Well that's your dogmatic opinion and you're entitled to it even if your opinion is incorrect from the perspective of other people ..... but so what? My whole point was that food brings disparate people together.

There is no such thing as English Canadian cuisine, nor is there such a thing as French Canadian or American cuisine either. None of it is original. All North American foods today are fusion foods with their origins in non-North American nations, your own cuisine included. The only truly North American cuisines are those of the people who were here first for thousands of years before North America's discovery and colonization by Europeans.

Have you never been to an international food festival and experienced the cuisines of many countries all in one place, and seen how EVERYBODY there gets along so well with each other no matter who they are, what language they speak or where they come from? If not then you don't know what you're missing.

If one group of peoples' food styles is so mediocre and unsatisfactory then it gets livened up by the integration of the foods of all the other peoples' cuisines and it brings people together. It's called fusion cuisine - surely you've heard of it since it's all become such a big fad these days, as if it's something new (which it really isn't).

Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusion_cuisine

Fusion cuisine is cuisine that combines elements of different culinary traditions that originate from different countries, regions, cultures. Cuisines of this type are not categorized according to any one particular cuisine style and have played a part in innovations of many contemporary restaurant cuisines since the 1970s......

Old 08-12-2019, 12:27 PM

81 posts, read 101,141 times
Quote:
There is no such thing as English Canadian cuisine, nor is there such a thing as French Canadian or American cuisine either. None of it is original. All North American foods today are fusion foods with their origins in non-North American nations, your own cuisine included. The only truly North American cuisines are those of the people who were here first for thousands of years before North America's discovery and colonization by Europeans.
You and others, please stop trying to steal my culture as your own. We are ONLY "Canadian" in any way because you STOLE what was ours.

You've brought death, destruction and addiction along with you. You are NOT my people. If you were sincere you would LEAVE us alone and give us back what's ours!

SMH

Old 08-12-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limelightkid View Post
You and others, please stop trying to steal my culture as your own. We are ONLY "Canadian" in any way because you STOLE what was ours.

You've brought death, destruction and addiction along with you. You are NOT my people. If you were sincere you would LEAVE us alone and give us back what's ours!

SMH

You don't post often, sometimes you go years between posts, but I remember about 4 or 5 years ago you said you would immigrate to America instantly if you could. You said that you were going through all the necessary procedures to do so at that time. So how did that work out for you? Are you still living in Canada or did you leave your people and your culture behind and make the move to America and become Americanized?

Old 08-12-2019, 03:03 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,392,932 times
Lol why is everyone popping up again this week?

Old 08-12-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Lol why is everyone popping up again this week?

??? It's the middle of summer and people are bored so everyone decided it was time for a big family reunion in the Canada forum ???

I have a great idea. Lets all crack out the BBQ's and beer and celebrate our blessings, similarities and good fortunes to be here together instead of bringing up grievances and making a big deal about our differences.

Old 08-12-2019, 03:37 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,392,932 times
Quote:
??? It's the middle of summer and people are bored so everyone decided it was time for a big family reunion in the Canada forum ???

I have a great idea. Lets all crack out the BBQ's and beer and celebrate our blessings, similarities and good fortunes to be here together instead of bringing up grievances and making a big deal about our differences.

Sounds good.

Old 08-12-2019, 04:09 PM

26,871 posts, read 37,990,949 times
Quote:
Well that's your dogmatic opinion and you're entitled to it even if your opinion is incorrect from the perspective of other people ..... but so what? My whole point was that food brings disparate people together.

On this one I beg to differ. French Canadian cuisine most definitely exists and it is not just a copy of what was imported from France. It is unique, original and native to this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada