Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 05:11 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Seriously?
Seriously you really think the rest of Canada are up on Quebec politics or even care whats going on in Quebec? It would be the rare ROC canadian who could tell you what CAQ stands for or who its leaders are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 08:12 AM

26,875 posts, read 38,010,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Seriously you really think the rest of Canada are up on Quebec politics or even care whats going on in Quebec? It would be the rare ROC canadian who could tell you what CAQ stands for or who its leaders are.
I was talking about you.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
I was talking about you.
I know all about Legaults CAQ and their racist/Xenophobic policies. But i'll assume the topic is about what the rest of Canada thinks of the CAQ running Quebec, As stated Whats a CAQ?,its kinda obvious what Canadas Quebec population think,they love the guy, Hey Make Quebec great again eh.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:07 AM

82 posts, read 71,068 times
I imagine PBeauchamp to be very much like Legault in real life.

The CAQ is like what PBeauchamp has been avowed for years!

I'm OK with that!

Old 08-18-2019, 11:07 AM

26,875 posts, read 38,010,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I know all about Legaults CAQ and their racist/Xenophobic policies. But i'll assume the topic is about what the rest of Canada thinks of the CAQ running Quebec, As stated Whats a CAQ?,its kinda obvious what Canadas Quebec population think,they love the guy, Hey Make Quebec great again eh.
Isn't that the point of the thread? To find out if people who aren't directly concerned with Quebec politics have any views on the current government?

Old 08-19-2019, 02:36 PM

And what do you surmise from the replies so far is the opinion of those people who aren't directly concerned with Quebec politics?

Old 08-19-2019, 06:51 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,867,852 times
I actually knew what CAQ stood for. I also knew of Legault by his ties to Air Transat, a company i work with quite regularly.

Speaking of this new bill 21. I personally don't like it and don't even really see the point of it.

1) It is largely symbolic and is an attack on individual freedoms as opposed to addressing the need to in practice, separate Church from State. Not that QC doesn't do this in its legal system, but to make it individual and personal is just that, something symbolic instead of substantive and thus pretty pointless except for fundamentally turning off a large number of potentially qualified candidates, from applying to a Civil job in the Province.

2) Correct me if I am wrong, but this only applies to employees who would be newly joining a civil job in QC. It does not apply to existing employees with tenure. So basically, you have a double standard and you will still have employees wearing religious symbols in government positions. Talk about daft.

Old 08-20-2019, 12:56 AM

542 posts, read 502,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Manners View Post
I imagine PBeauchamp to be very much like Legault in real life.

The CAQ is like what PBeauchamp has been avowed for years!

I'm OK with that!
Thank you for the compliment my friend.

Old 08-20-2019, 01:08 AM

542 posts, read 502,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailfo2 View Post
Speaking of this, why do so many people still support the queen? It is kind of irrelevant now isn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailfo2 View Post
What I mean is why would someone support the queen just because the United States aren't doing it? Why would it matter?
Quote:
If a major part of your national identity is related to being "not American", the appeal of this seems obvious, no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I don't agree that Canada supports the Queen because America doesn't support the Queen. I think that's a ridiculous and thoughtless, ignorant thing to even think. Canada is a monarchy, America is a republic, and it does NOT matter.

Maybe the monarchy is irrelevant to YOU. You're entitled to your opinion about what is relevant or irrelevant to yourself but your opinion is not the opinion of most Canadians.

In answer to your question: Canada supports the Queen because Canada is a monarchy and the Queen is Canada's monarch. That's what monarchies do, they have monarchs. When the Queen (long may she live) is dead and gone her heir the King will inherit her position as Canada's monarch and Canada will then support the King (long may he live).

It's as simple as that and anyone who lives in Canada should be able to understand that. What is there to not understand about that?

And whether you with your different identity and culture like it or not, and are willing or not willing to support Canada's monarch, if you live in Canada the reigning monarch in Canada is your monarch too.

Old 08-20-2019, 03:05 AM

In what way do Canadians actively support the Queen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada