U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 09:25 PM

399 posts, read 274,180 times

Advertisements

As I explained on this forum a couple of years ago, the best route for the nation of Quebec is to stay part of Canada for the time being, whilst reaping the benefits Canada makes available for us. This is the way for Quebec until the the time to toss Canada arrives.

I am thrilled that this vision has come closer to light!

The CAQ advocates strengthening Quebec for the time being, without the need for immediate independence; however, the party refuses to identify as Canadian, but instead as the Quebecois nationality. Greater power is being demanded for Quebec (and rightfully so!).

The party leader's refusal to identify as a proud Canadian has led to a strong disdain from the anglo Quebecer community.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/que...-during-debate

Personally, I think it is a step in the right direction. More power for Quebec, more autonomy for Quebec, and a focus on building our nation to be as strong as possible.

How is this viewed in Canada?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 04:14 AM

34,549 posts, read 41,719,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBeauchamp View Post
As I explained on this forum a couple of years ago, the best route for the nation of Quebec is to stay part of Canada for the time being, whilst reaping the benefits Canada makes available for us. This is the way for Quebec until the the time to toss Canada arrives.

I am thrilled that this vision has come closer to light!

The CAQ advocates strengthening Quebec for the time being, without the need for immediate independence; however, the party refuses to identify as Canadian, but instead as the Quebecois nationality. Greater power is being demanded for Quebec (and rightfully so!).

The party leader's refusal to identify as a proud Canadian has led to a strong disdain from the anglo Quebecer community.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/que...-during-debate

Personally, I think it is a step in the right direction. More power for Quebec, more autonomy for Quebec, and a focus on building our nation to be as strong as possible.

How is this viewed in Canada?
So when is this separation going to take place? the rest of Canada couldnt care less if Quebec separates as at the moment it contributes nothing to Canada and takes much basically a welfare bum.

Old 07-24-2019, 04:29 AM

2,207 posts, read 1,772,068 times
Sorry, I may have missed something. Am I, as a western Canadian, supposed to care about Quebec?

Old 07-24-2019, 07:35 AM

18,398 posts, read 10,461,433 times
P/B ….. where ya been keeping yourself? Hope wherever it was you were sequestered there voluntarily.

Your absence, along with the huge spoon you used to use with abandonment of anything akin to the normal considerations for social discourse to stir up acrimony was noted some time ago.

Your return to these boards signals the commencement of another round of entertaining to and fro's and should liven things up a tad.

My thoughts on the CAQ would probably be best summed up by merely verbally saying their acronym and having the expressed phonetics do the job for me.

Let the contests begin.

Old 07-24-2019, 11:27 AM

7,415 posts, read 6,671,495 times
What is the CAQ?

Old 07-24-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
What is the CAQ?
Coalition Avenir Québec, a Quebec provincial party thats racist Xenophobic and is quasi seperatist only they dont have the guts to follow through on their separation ideals as its too comfy to live off the labor of English Canada so they just whine a lot.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
So when is this separation going to take place? the rest of Canada couldnt care less if Quebec separates as at the moment it contributes nothing to Canada and takes much basically a welfare bum.
Jambo101, perhaps you forget that I am not a separatiste, but instead a proud Canadian federalist. It's unfortunate that I am forced to pledge my allegiance to Canada and prove I'm "one of the good ones".

Old 07-24-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Coalition Avenir Québec, a Quebec provincial party thats racist Xenophobic and is quasi seperatist only they dont have the guts to follow through on their separation ideals as its too comfy to live off the labor of English Canada so they just whine a lot.
I'm sorry Jambo, what is racist about the CAQ?

I would argue that the ROC is far more racist with the faux-outrage and constant categorization of people's ethnic groups followed by the obligatory feeling sorry for them.

One thinks of Justin Trudeau sporting his ridiculous Indian sherwani which achieved the dual outcomes of both offending the Indians and humiliating Canada (once again) on the world stage.

A now infamous meme of typical Canadian-style racist blundering.

Old 07-24-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBeauchamp View Post
I'm sorry Jambo, what is racist about the CAQ?

What do you call bill21? and bill9? as for you claiming to be a proud Canadian? i find that hard to believe when you seem to delight in trashing Canada and its predominantly english population every chance you get.

Old 07-24-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
What do you call bill21? and bill9? as for you claiming to be a proud Canadian? i find that hard to believe when you seem to delight in trashing Canada and its predominantly english population every chance you get.
Bill 21 = No religious symbols involved in the government.

How is that racist?

Bill 9 = Quebec needs less immigration.

Similarly, how is that "racist"?

You really are stretching, Jambo.

Also, I don't consider pointing out poor treatment of our First Nations people, or the lack of culture in Ontario to be "trashing" Canada. I do see that there is a deep-seated inferiority complex in anglo Canadian culture, as vividly displayed above, but that is hardly trashing Canada anymore than claiming that Americans have a superiority complex.

Ironically non-white newcomers in Quebec assimilate far better than in anglo Canada, where defacto self-segregation and identity politics tends to be the norm. This is because ethnicity in Quebecois culture is very much about the French language, while in anglo Canada ethnicity fixates on colour.

Yet when uncomfortable facts come to light, you resort to the claim that your adopted home, Quebec, is "racist".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or