U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM

16,722 posts, read 26,856,005 times

Advertisements

OP is no longer a member.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:46 AM

2,199 posts, read 1,766,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
OP is no longer a member.
Meh, so what?

He or she asked a question, got it answered, asked to be de-membered, and that's that. Good chance for us to talk about happy memories of Niagara-on-the-Lake.

I sailed down there and back in about 1983, out of Toronto, on a 26-foot sailboat. They were prepared for people heading for the Shaw Festival; they were not prepared for a couple of grubby-looking sailors looking for a place to moor, then (when we found one) us walking down Queen Street looking for something to eat. I still remember my buddy and I being the only ones on Queen Street not wearing a jacket and tie, and me hoisting a 24 of Pepsi on my shoulder that we had bought from a local convenience store. I think we got convenience store sandwiches from the convenience store we found, and we had plenty of beer on the boat. We sat on our boat in the harbour, eating crappy sandwiches and drinking beer and listening to the radio (WBUF Classic Rock from Buffalo came in clearer than it did at home in Toronto). Next day, we set sail for home, and that 24 of Pepsi was gone by the time we got back.

Good times in Niagara-on-the-Lake!

Old Today, 09:52 AM

16,722 posts, read 26,856,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Meh, so what?

He or she asked a question, got it answered, asked to be de-membered, and that's that. Good chance for us to talk about happy memories of Niagara-on-the-Lake.

I sailed down there and back in about 1983, out of Toronto, on a 26-foot sailboat. They were prepared for people heading for the Shaw Festival; they were not prepared for a couple of grubby-looking sailors looking for a place to moor, then (when we found one) us walking down Queen Street looking for something to eat. I still remember my buddy and I being the only ones on Queen Street not wearing a jacket and tie, and me hoisting a 24 of Pepsi on my shoulder that we had bought from a local convenience store. I think we got convenience store sandwiches from the convenience store we found, and we had plenty of beer on the boat. We sat on our boat in the harbour, eating crappy sandwiches and drinking beer and listening to the radio (WBUF Classic Rock from Buffalo came in clearer than it did at home in Toronto). Next day, we set sail for home, and that 24 of Pepsi was gone by the time we got back.

Good times in Niagara-on-the-Lake!
I didn't realize that nobody was still talking to the OP. Sorry.

Btw, you cannot ask to be de-membered. You have to get banned.

Old Today, 02:46 PM

6,483 posts, read 3,546,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
No, it looks like it might be Niagara-on-the-Lake. That town has a tower that splits the main street downtown. It's the only Ontario town that I know of that has that feature, though there could be others. The buildings certainly look appropriate; based on my memory.

The traffic that you see on the right is travelling southbound, to the right of the tower, as we see it. There is no northbound traffic, which would travel towards us, to the left of the tower.
Definitely NOTL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or