U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 02:48 AM

10,940 posts, read 23,312,070 times

Advertisements

Bah Mars Bar is my go to chocolate bar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 03:20 PM

12,858 posts, read 8,914,259 times
Does anyone remember a chocolate bar called Milk Nut Loaf?

It was marshmallow with peanuts, covered in chocolate.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:10 PM

475 posts, read 287,347 times
A few years ago when I was visiting Canada, I tried a kinder Bueno bar and got hooked! Unfortunately we don’t have those in America. Now that I’m staying in Canada for at least a couple years, I’d better control myself if I want to keep my waistline intact...

Actually I’m craving one now.

Old 08-19-2019, 06:15 PM

12,810 posts, read 11,288,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Well, I admit I've never had a Butterfinger, but if I did have to have a chocolate bar from a major maker....I'd go for an Aero or Crispy Crunch.
Butterfinger is basically like a Crispy Crunch but it has a smoother taste.

Old 08-19-2019, 06:24 PM

1,876 posts, read 3,457,162 times
Boy you guys sure took this thread to a whole new level! I've drunken milk from all parts of the world and it all tastes the same to me. Milk is milk period! If it somehow tastes differently, I'd blame the fridge it was stored in. Yet since you are all now talking about chocolate, I'll throw in that the British know how to make chocolate (like smarties) and the Americans don't. American firms like Hersheys and M&M/Mars make chocolate waay too sweet so no thank you to those .

Old 08-19-2019, 11:40 PM

2,236 posts, read 1,787,600 times
Enough with chocolate. Who else enjoys Hostess' Hickory Sticks?

Old 08-20-2019, 01:19 AM

7,538 posts, read 6,742,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post

I do. That's one of my favourite Canadian savoury go-to snacks that I always keep a bag of in the pantry. The Hostess slogan was - "When you've got the munchies nothing else will do!" Always hits the spot. Nice with guacamole too.

And Hawkins Cheezies too, another Canadian product with REAL cheddar that beats all other cheesey corn snacks hands down. (Also nice with guacamole). At Christmas times during the 1950's and 60's it used to be you could get the Cheezies in great big cans with air-tight metal lids. I miss the big cans (so great for storage) but the Cheezies are still as good today as they were 65+ years ago.

Old 08-20-2019, 03:51 AM

10,940 posts, read 23,312,070 times
Quote:
They are awesome although they do not seem do be as popular as they used to be.. Plus used to love getting a snack sized bag from the vending machine at the local bowling alley with an can Orange Crush as kid..Goodtimes

Old 08-20-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
Boy you guys sure took this thread to a whole new level! I've drunken milk from all parts of the world and it all tastes the same to me. Milk is milk period! If it somehow tastes differently, I'd blame the fridge it was stored in. Yet since you are all now talking about chocolate, I'll throw in that the British know how to make chocolate (like smarties) and the Americans don't. American firms like Hersheys and M&M/Mars make chocolate waay too sweet so no thank you to those .
Of course milk is milk, but like anything from an animal, it's going to taste differently depending on what that animal eats, and how the milk is processed.

Think of how beef can taste differently.

Old 08-20-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
I liked them as a kid, but my go to chips were Old Dutch BBQ chips, with an Orange Crush or Cream Soda. The pop was in bottles and you pulled them out of a cooler filled with chilled water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or