U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM

22,327 posts, read 27,776,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecOpec View Post
If you carefully read my sentence, you will know this is not about what West Island Anglos want, it is about how The Rest of Canada feels after having consulted the feelings of the Anglos from île de Montréal. What ROC thinks of Q is basically shaped on the experiences that Anglos make there. And that the ROC hears are complaints, complaints and more complaints. This is the reason why they think that Q mistreats Anglos and therefore they want Q to get out of C.

"Jambo's opinion is much more representative because he lives on the West Island and the West Island has the highest concentration of contacts with Anglo-Canada, so he knows what Anglo-Canadians think of Q"

As long as these Anglos are in Q, of course they want Canada to be united for exactly the same reasons as you listed, but they do not want it to be united for the sake of loving Canada's bilingual culture, but for their very own selfish reasons...They want C to be united, as you said, because they want to continue to have ther special exclusive Anglos rights protected by Ottawa - because they have no intention to ever truly live in a real French environment which compromises the actual idea of unity.
For them Canadian unity simply is = living as anglo in Q as in Ontario.

That doesn't change the fact that they dislike Q and once they leave Q, they also want to kick out Q out of C just like the ROC also wants.

+ Jambo is not unique in this. Whenever I read the comment section of the Anglo press, 80% are negative atittudes towards Québec and support throwing them out of Canada. What Jambo writes is representative for all of Anglo-Canada.

They don't like Q but unlike the ROC they do not want to throw Québec out because it will have negative implications for them, such as the possibility of moving the capital to another city in Central ROC which would turn Ottawa into an irrelevant city. Ottawa anglos only support the idea of Canadian unity, so that they can feel as the role model centre of Canada...

how many wifes do you have?

Ottawa-Gatineau is BY FAR and by a large margin the MOST PRO-CANADIAN UNITY region in all of Canada and the only one!

Here you have a scientific source from Univeristé Montréal:

https://pum.umontreal.ca/apqc/95_96/...y/drouilly.htm

NO WHERE ELSE IN QUÉBEC DID FRANCOPHONES VOTE MORE AGAINST INDEPENDENCE THAN IN THE GATINEAU REGION (OUTAOUAIS)! A Gatineau francophone is even TWICE as likely to be in against independence than a Montréal francophone!!!!

Gatineau is BY far the most pro-Canadian city! And all people from there have a high probability to support Canadian unity just like you! But it is very different from the rest of Q! As you can see, Gatineau is the only region in all of Q where only a minority of francophones supports Québec independence!

Without Gatineau, Québec would have become independent!

Gatineau betrayed and destroyed all of Québec dreams..

Please tell me something I don't know already.

One thing to keep in mind about Gatineau is that the francophone population is about 25% comprised of francophones from outside Quebec (mostly Franco-Ontarians, but also a decent number of Acadians). These people generally do not have the same socio-political upbringing as Québécois and they often pass this mindset on to their kids. (Though of course I do know Franco-Ontarians, Acadians and people from other provinces who live in Gatineau and who support the PQ/BQ and independence. My former MP Richard Nadeau was a Franco-Ontarian from Hawkesbury who represented the Bloc Québécois.)

So while these people on the surface in everyday life are basically indistinguishable from Québécois, live their lives in French and have names like Mylène Gagnon and François Tremblay, in the ballot box their behaviour can be quite different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM

493 posts, read 185,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I only have one. Hence the use of "wife's".
Just wait until we will have Shariaw law then you will have five wives *g*

Quote:
Please tell me something I don't know already.

One thing to keep in mind about Gatineau is that the francophone population is about 25% comprised of francophones from outside Quebec (mostly Franco-Ontarians, but also a decent number of Acadians). These people generally do not have the same socio-political upbringing as Québécois and they often pass this mindset on to their kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RRyniZG0Jo

Are you Selena? Did you clean the floor correctly?

These Franco-Ontarians should form their own province, they would still have more inhabitants than some of the smallest provinces. Considering that West Virginia segregated form Virginia, it is time for Outouais to separate from Québec because as you wrote, your socio-political mindset is too different for the real Québec... So please make your own province
and I don't say that you should fusion with Ottawa - just make Ouatouais an own province and don't bother with Ottawa.

Old Yesterday, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Just wait until we will have Shariaw law then you will have five wives *g*

I could never afford more than one wife.

Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM

Quote:

These Franco-Ontarians should form their own province, they would still have more inhabitants than some of the smallest provinces. Considering that West Virginia segregated form Virginia, it is time for Outouais to separate from Québec because as you wrote, your socio-political mindset is too different for the real Québec... So please make your own province
and I don't say that you should fusion with Ottawa - just make Ouatouais an own province and don't bother with Ottawa.
There is no real appetite for making the Outaouais its own province or even for creating a federal district with Ottawa.

Quebec is big and as such has regional diversity within it.

The Outaouais is definitely Québécois in its own way just like the Beauce is Québécois in its own independent-minded entrepreneurial way, and other regions are as well.

If you spent time with my kids and their friends you certainly wouldn't come away with the idea that the Outaouais is not Québécois.

Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM

Well, I asked you last year, whether I can come to you and use your swimming pool but you didn't say yes...... which is unforgiveable because when QO asks you for a favor it is your moral duty to reply with yes... which makes me think that you have something to hide, like a dirty swimming pool or that you are a Hollywood All-American dynasty.

Last edited by QuebecOpec; Yesterday at 09:57 AM..

Old Yesterday, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Well, I asked you last year, whether I can come to you and use your swimming pool but you didn't say yes...... which is unforgiveable because when QO asks you for a favor it is your moral duty to reply with yes... which makes me think that you have something to hide, like a dirty swimming pool or that you are a Hollywood All-American dynasty.
I would have thought that such an eminent personnage as yourself would already have your own swimming pool, behind your datcha!

Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM

2,591 posts, read 2,228,425 times
Quote:
I would have thought that such an eminent personnage as yourself would already have your own swimming pool, behind your datcha!
It's дача (dacha) in Russian.

Old Yesterday, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
It's дача (dacha) in Russian.
OK, I guess I transliterated into French.

"Dacha" in French sounds exactly the same as "dasha"

In order to get the "ch" sound in French you need to add the T.

Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM

Quote:

Where I grew up in Montréal, I did neither have a swimming pool nor a garden...
...a few kids on the outskirts had a pool, so I made friends with them and ditched the ones with the same fate as mine... All I saw were buldings and the birds high above in the sky were airplanes, diminishing in size after a while just like our hopes diminish.

There were shops that sold flowers and I wondered, where do these flowers come from?
The florist told me the flowers come from a place called "nature" ...I asked her which metro station I had to take to get to this place. She said "Better try to go to the zoo".
And when I was in the zoo, all these animals were imprisoned...and they reminded me of how us city-dwellers are also caged up
If your swimming pool will ever be empty, I'll fill it up with tears of tar...

Last edited by QuebecOpec; Yesterday at 08:49 PM..

Old Today, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Where I grew up in Montréal, I did neither have a swimming pool nor a garden...
...a few kids on the outskirts had a pool, so I made friends with them and ditched the ones with the same fate as mine... All I saw were buldings and the birds high above in the sky were airplanes, diminishing in size after a while just like our hopes diminish.

There were shops that sold flowers and I wondered, where do these flowers come from?
The florist told me the flowers come from a place called "nature" ...I asked her which metro station I had to take to get to this place. She said "Better try to go to the zoo".
And when I was in the zoo, all these animals were imprisoned...and they reminded me of how us city-dwellers are also caged up
If your swimming pool will ever be empty, I'll fill it up with tears of tar...
Des larmes de goudron.

Holy caca. Are you sure you're OK?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or