Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 05:53 PM

542 posts, read 503,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirehose View Post
Albertan's don't have "beef with Canada" we hate the direction that Quebec has taken us to satisfy their own selfish needs. French this, French in places where French has nothing to do with anything, that and the usual threat of independence has left us as our own island with a federal government that panders to Quebec at the expense of every other province not called Ontario. Bilingual nonsense makes it so that Quebecers are preferred for the important government positions and get to tip the scales in their favor. Instead of a thank you we get a "f*** you". We are tired of paying Quebec's bills only to be told to go to hell. Let's be honest, French is a declining regional language and we are tired of paying for it, and tired of Quebec holding the reigns in Canada while scoffing at the rest of us and laughing about when you'll finally secede to create your French ethno-homeland. Our independence movement is different than yours. It isn't based on ethno-nationalism but instead on a version of Canada that politicians especially in Quebec and their panderers in Ontario have foregone in order to keep Quebec satiated. Sorry for the long paragraph but I can tell by your consistent pro-French-never-apologize styled comments that you are one of the guys doing this. You are tearing Canada apart and can't even take responsibility for that. People are getting more and more sick of it. Do us all a favour and either just go independent or drop the act.
You wanted a united Canada, and you got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 12:04 PM

183 posts, read 218,365 times
Quote:
Albertan's don't have "beef with Canada" we hate the direction that Quebec has taken us to satisfy their own selfish needs. French this, French in places where French has nothing to do with anything, that and the usual threat of independence has left us as our own island with a federal government that panders to Quebec at the expense of every other province not called Ontario. Bilingual nonsense makes it so that Quebecers are preferred for the important government positions and get to tip the scales in their favor. Instead of a thank you we get a "f*** you". We are tired of paying Quebec's bills only to be told to go to hell. Let's be honest, French is a declining regional language and we are tired of paying for it, and tired of Quebec holding the reigns in Canada while scoffing at the rest of us and laughing about when you'll finally secede to create your French ethno-homeland. Our independence movement is different than yours. It isn't based on ethno-nationalism but instead on a version of Canada that politicians especially in Quebec and their panderers in Ontario have foregone in order to keep Quebec satiated. Sorry for the long paragraph but I can tell by your consistent pro-French-never-apologize styled comments that you are one of the guys doing this. You are tearing Canada apart and can't even take responsibility for that. People are getting more and more sick of it. Do us all a favour and either just go independent or drop the act.
Not all of us wanted this that we see today. If I could I would reverse the 1995 referendum vote I submitted. We were told that a non vote would lead ourselves towards a new and better Canada with augmented inclusivity. I am sorry that you feel we have interefered in the governance of Alberta. If I can change this I would.

Based upon this, do you considered yourself a Québec seperatist?

Old 07-28-2020, 12:05 PM

183 posts, read 218,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhound View Post
Mod cut.

As for French declining, first of all 'French' if you can call it that is restricted to Quebec which wants to operate as it's own country so what's the point of that?

Also the 'French' they speak isn't truly French but more akin to a dialect of it called joual. I would know, I grew up in Montreal you can't understand anything peppers are saying. It doesn't even sound like actual French. Sadly, people from France can barely understand Qubecios and look down on them with shame and embarrassment.

In Quebec the joual speakers are working class people and if you want to get anywhere in life you still need to learn English. So English is the language of modernity and the language of advancement. The government there has tried to force joual on everyone but have failed to elevate this dialect above the language of the uneducated and disadvantaged.

On the ground French is pointless in Canada unless you are going to be doing blue collar work with peasoupers in rural Quebec. Stuff about French in New Brunswick and other provinces is completely exaggerated and languages like Chinese, Spanish, and Arabic are much more important in Canada than Quebec 'French'. Trust me, I'm from Quebec and am very familiar with this stuff.
He is obviously a expert!

Old 07-29-2020, 01:23 PM

26,876 posts, read 38,026,310 times
Quote:
Can anyone comment on how accurate this is?
I would say that most consider that it's not worth the trouble to respond.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:25 PM

869 posts, read 1,124,854 times
Quote:
Can anyone comment on how accurate this is?

If even Acajack cant be baited into a half dozen replies on this topic then I'd say they both laid it too thick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada