Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 03:29 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,496,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Absolutely he might. I have a low level of certainty that the gentleman in question was actually him, there's 50K people in our municipality so it's possible that wasn't him.
Fingers crossed then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2021, 03:47 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Thanks for the update BIMBAM. We knew Jambo was quite sick, on dialysis in his home and could no longer easily leave the confines of his home by last August.

Rest in peace Jambo, you were a good egg and are missed.

There are a couple of other Canadians who were regular and dependable long-term posters on the Canada forum and have suddenly gone MIA in recent months with no word from them. Mikeyyc living in Texas but from Alberta has been missing since last summer, and Netwit in Manitoba, a nearly daily poster standing up under great burdens on her shoulders .... she has been very suddenly missing since before Christmas. So I worry about them, miss them and hope they are okay and that covid didn't take them away.

Wondered about both of them, especially netwit, because I know she dealt with a lot. I believe she has most of the responsibility of managing a farm and taking care of a her husband, who wasn't well. I've thought about her several times.

Old 02-25-2021, 03:48 PM

So sorry to hear about jambo.

Old 02-25-2021, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
There was also Botticcelli who disappeared a long time ago. He was pretty young but had been stricken by cancer IIRC.
Really? Gosh, he came into my mind a couple of weeks ago. I believe he moved to France, didn't he? Anyway, hope he's okay.

Old 02-25-2021, 03:52 PM

26,882 posts, read 38,026,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Absolutely he might. I have a low level of certainty that the gentleman in question was actually him, there's 50K people in our municipality so it's possible that wasn't him.
I hope I am wrong about this but your deductive logic sounded pretty sound. Unfortunately.

Old 02-25-2021, 03:53 PM

26,882 posts, read 38,026,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Really? Gosh, he came into my mind a couple of weeks ago. I believe he moved to France, didn't he? Anyway, hope he's okay.
Yes he got a job or a work assignments in France and I recall him commenting on the care he was getting for his illness in the French system. (I can't recall if he was ill in Canada or if it just hit him after he moved to France.)

Old 02-25-2021, 04:09 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Thanks for the update BIMBAM. We knew Jambo was quite sick, on dialysis in his home and could no longer easily leave the confines of his home by last August.

Rest in peace Jambo, you were a good egg and are missed.

There are a couple of other Canadians who were regular and dependable long-term posters on the Canada forum and have suddenly gone MIA in recent months with no word from them. Mikeyyc living in Texas but from Alberta has been missing since last summer, and Netwit in Manitoba, a nearly daily poster standing up under great burdens on her shoulders .... she has been very suddenly missing since before Christmas. So I worry about them, miss them and hope they are okay and that covid didn't take them away.

Wondering myself.

Hope they are both OK. I loved Netwit's take on life. The fact that she lived and worked on a farm, also added something to CD.

Old 02-25-2021, 04:26 PM

3,460 posts, read 2,783,899 times
I’m drinking a toast to Jambo with 100 Pipers Scotch. It’s all I can afford.

Old 02-25-2021, 04:31 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,496,448 times
What about fusion2? He hasn’t been around in a while either.

Old 02-25-2021, 04:33 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that he might come back at some point? So far, all the info seems rather inconclusive. There have been members who were inactive for years before popping in again.
I hate to say this but I think he has likely passed on now. He was old and knew he was dying, was very ill and immobilized at home by last summer. If I recall correctly he mentioned in one of his latter communications that he couldn't get into his vehicle any more and was at the stage of having to get dialysis at home every day. He was trying to hang in there long enough to see both of his daughters again, both of whom were quarantining and planning to return to his side as soon as possible. I don't think he's coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
What about fusion2? He hasn’t been around in a while either.
I think either Nat or Chevy (somebody here anyway) are in occasional contact with Fusion2, but he posted here that he had decided to take a break from CD some time ago.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada