Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2021, 03:17 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times

Advertisements

Not sure if it's me, but feels like something happened during the pandemic on the Canadian section of city-data. If someone doesn't like something that is posted, it gets deleted/closed. People cannot say anything bad against Canada, cannot criticize anything Canada does. I have never seen that before and most certainly not on any other forum. Having said that, I don't even expect this thread to last at all.

Old 03-22-2021, 04:11 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Not sure if it's me, but feels like something happened during the pandemic on the Canadian section of city-data. If someone doesn't like something that is posted, it gets deleted/closed. People cannot say anything bad against Canada, cannot criticize anything Canada does. I have never seen that before and most certainly not on any other forum. Having said that, I don't even expect this thread to last at all.
I haven't noticed anything unusual.

Also as far as I know, what is posted in this CD link, hasn't changed.

In other words, the moderator for the Canadian forums, is an American. I mention that because it sounds like you think there is some Canadian conspiracy to keep Canada in a good light.

Is there a Canada forum moderator ?

Last edited by Natnasci; 03-22-2021 at 04:30 PM..

Old 03-22-2021, 04:31 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
Quote:
There has always been some rude people on here. As far as some of the threads getting closed, maybe because many of the criticisms on here have been rude and misinformed in the first place. Specially concerning the pandemic.

Old 03-22-2021, 06:52 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,770,752 times
There was a thread posted here some time ago by an individual looking to pick verbal fights with Canadians about the vaccine rollout. I did not bother to comment on that thread as it obviously went nowhere and it was deleted by the moderator and for good reason. The Canadian forums have always been very tolerant in my experience.

Old 03-22-2021, 08:49 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:

Why has the Canadian forum become so rude/intolerant?

In the above it seems to me like you're making a complaint about both the people and the content of posts in the Canada forum and about the moderating of the Canada forum.

It's my understanding that in accordance with City Data Terms Of Service, instead of making those kinds of complaints on the general forum under discussion you're required to take such complaints to the Complaints Department (namely the City Data Administration or Moderators) as per the Terms Of Service. So I think you should try taking your complaints about the forum and the moderation to the appropriate department as required.

I suspect you're probably right that this thread won't last here on the General Canada forum and will be either deleted or moved to the more appropriate place very soon since it has been posted in the wrong place. Threads that are posted to the wrong forum do get moved and if it is trolls posting the threads in attempts to start fights they usually get deleted.

Personally I don't have a problem with the moderation of this forum and I think all the moderators deserve kudos for the great jobs they all do.

Good luck.

Last edited by Zoisite; 03-22-2021 at 09:04 PM..

Old 03-22-2021, 09:11 PM

61,717 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
In the above it seems to me like you're making a complaint about both the people and the content of posts in the Canada forum and about the moderating of the Canada forum.

It's my understanding that in accordance with City Data Terms Of Service, instead of making those kinds of complaints on the general forum under discussion you're required to take such complaints to the Complaints Department (namely the City Data Administration or Moderators) as per the Terms Of Service. So I think you should try taking your complaints about the forum and the moderation to the appropriate department as required.

I suspect you're probably right that this thread won't last here on the General Canada forum and will be either deleted or moved to the more appropriate place very soon since it has been posted in the wrong place. Threads that are posted to the wrong forum do get moved and if it is trolls posting the threads in attempts to start fights they usually get deleted.

Personally I don't have a problem with the moderation of this forum and I think all the moderators deserve kudos for the great jobs they all do.

Good luck.

^^^ This ^^^

Old 03-22-2021, 09:26 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times
From the Terms of Service:

Discussing moderator actions (deleting/moving/editing threads or posts) is not allowed in the public forums. General concerns should be addressed in About the Forum. Any particular issues will only be dealt with in Direct Messages sent to a local moderator. All complaints should be sent via DM to the senior moderators, Yac or Marka.

This thread is not only off-topic, it's inappropriate per the Terms of Service. Consequently, it is now closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada