U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-31-2022, 08:53 PM
 
7,055 posts, read 8,709,401 times
Reputation: 4462

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
The most recent shooting rampage in Canada was committed by Gabriel Wortman in Nova Scotia in 2020 when he shot and killed 22 people before being killed by the RCMP. There was also the Ecole Polytechnique shooting in Montreal back in 1989 by a misogynist. 14 people lost their lives in that shooting. Canada is not immune to gun violence but by and large I'd say the US has many more times the number of mass shootings not to mention the plenitude of illegal firearms, some of which do get smuggled across the border.
How did you forget the Canadian Parliament attack in 2014?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-31-2022, 09:55 PM
 
14,377 posts, read 11,673,667 times
Reputation: 8408
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
However the new Canadian law does not take away a single Canadians right to self defense other than perhaps a mentally ill one.

How hard is it for Americans to understand that it takes sone element of gun control laws to keep gubs out of the hands of the mentally ill or unhinged? Nineteen children and two adults lost not only all their rights but their lives because your country finds doind through background checks too much of an inconvience? Think about that, just a little more time and paperwork and that killer could not have bought those two rifles and slaughterec thode young children. But you put the convience of little background checks as more important than childrens lives. And you wish other countries were as heartless as your country. Guess you did not know any of these kids. This time.

Oh also the terms of self defense are stricter here than south of the border.
What US needs is more guns in the schools. An armed guard at every hallway intersection, and at the entrances with those TSA body scanners. For a country that is so gun loving, we are not taking the steps in the directions we suppose to.

The perpetrator of Uvalde massacre never institutionalized. He never arrested. Only after the shootings did two anonymous callers tell the MSM that he allegedly tortured animals on Yubo. He was anti-social, awkward, and bullied. Should that mean he not allowed to purchase weapons? A background check on him will give you nothing.

What about the bullies? Should they be denied. We all know kids that have been bullied and were bullies at some point in their lives. Personally I was bullied and bullied other simultaneously. Where should the line be drawn? Have you ever fought anyone at during a hockey game in Canada? Are you allowed to have guns? That is some anti-social behavior. Does Canada have a database for hockey goons?

Many states, or municipalities like NYC already draw the line very low. If a state like Texas does not want to, then they should be smart and put in more armed security. Why else have so many citizens armed if not to protect each other? They just need to pass the armed guard certifications.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2022, 09:58 PM
 
14,377 posts, read 11,673,667 times
Reputation: 8408
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Is a semi-automatic shotgun an assault weapon?
In NY, as long as it has trad stock is fine.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2022, 10:22 PM
 
9,199 posts, read 3,675,463 times
Reputation: 2940
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Trudeau has already shown his colors. If you're on his side, then you are simply not on the side of liberty and personal autonomy.

Some of the worst human beings who ever lived have been Catholics. Identifying as Catholic gives no one a free pass to not live, act, and serve like a Catholic.
Liberty and personal autnomy is mych greater than the right to own certain types of firearms. Certain types of firearms are not legal for cicilian oenership in your country.

Yes Trudeau has shown his true colours, protect its civilians AND allowing people to hunt or sport shooting. We do not want our society to be as full of fear of each other that we need firearms most of us have never wanted.

If I wanted to I could apply for a permit and have a through background check. Which I would pass easily. Once I get my permit I can rhen buy a wide array of long guns. So what is wrong with this? It has been difficult to obtain a handgun permit for decades and you cannot carry them in public. So you believe that assult style rifles are so important in your mind to liberty? Why not machine guns too? Without fully automatic machine guns how can you be free?

Why dont you go to that town in Texas and tell the parents there that there was nothing to do to stop that shooter from buying those guns because of his liberty and persinal autonomy. Because refusing him the right to buy those rifles is gun control which you totally oppose.I

I dont think you have the ability to understand how other societies can be free with rightscand librrties but not being exactly like your country.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2022, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Alabama
10,111 posts, read 5,363,529 times
Reputation: 5753
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Liberty and personal autnomy is mych greater than the right to own certain types of firearms. Certain types of firearms are not legal for cicilian oenership in your country.

Yes Trudeau has shown his true colours, protect its civilians AND allowing people to hunt or sport shooting. We do not want our society to be as full of fear of each other that we need firearms most of us have never wanted.
I was referring to his forcing of medical procedures on Canadians as showing his true colors.

The past two years have made it obvious that fear rules the day and dictates policy nearly worldwide. It's not an American or Canadian thing.

Medical tyranny is real; and I do realize that you have aligned yourself with the tyrants, so I don't expect you to have the ability to understand those of us with liberty interests here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2022, 09:01 AM
 
9,199 posts, read 3,675,463 times
Reputation: 2940
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
What US needs is more guns in the schools. An armed guard at every hallway intersection, and at the entrances with those TSA body scanners. For a country that is so gun loving, we are not taking the steps in the directions we suppose to.

The perpetrator of Uvalde massacre never institutionalized. He never arrested. Only after the shootings did two anonymous callers tell the MSM that he allegedly tortured animals on Yubo. He was anti-social, awkward, and bullied. Should that mean he not allowed to purchase weapons? A background check on him will give you nothing.

What about the bullies? Should they be denied. We all know kids that have been bullied and were bullies at some point in their lives. Personally I was bullied and bullied other simultaneously. Where should the line be drawn? Have you ever fought anyone at during a hockey game in Canada? Are you allowed to have guns? That is some anti-social behavior. Does Canada have a database for hockey goons?

Many states, or municipalities like NYC already draw the line very low. If a state like Texas does not want to, then they should be smart and put in more armed security. Why else have so many citizens armed if not to protect each other? They just need to pass the armed guard certifications.
You do not undrrstand how background checks work in Canada nor any interestin finding out. You make jokes about it and try to makd them look likd jokes.

Instead take about the kids childhoods, remove recess and outdoor sports and look those children into high security facilities and hooe the Fire Marshall.looks thd the other way.

Piles of bullet riddled children is the price you will gladly pay fo insure that no further regulations apply to your guns.I

Canadians do not want American style gun laws. It is that simple except no doubt the NRA and others will funnel large sums of money in attempts to alter the outcomes of our elections. Illegally of course.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2022, 09:07 AM
 
9,199 posts, read 3,675,463 times
Reputation: 2940
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I was referring to his forcing of medical procedures on Canadians as showing his true colors.

The past two years have made it obvious that fear rules the day and dictates policy nearly worldwide. It's not an American or Canadian thing.

Medical tyranny is real; and I do realize that you have aligned yourself with the tyrants, so I don't expect you to have the ability to understand those of us with liberty interests here.
What forcing of medical.procedures are you speaking about? I am totally lost as to what you speak about. Are you referring to covid measures and if so I no longer care about anything you have to say. Too many conspiracy and anti science nuts to deal with.

Imam.putting you on my small ignore list as I do not care for your anti science and pro Kingship of Christ to be forced upon all citizens.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2022, 09:37 AM
 
14,377 posts, read 11,673,667 times
Reputation: 8408
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
You do not undrrstand how background checks work in Canada nor any interestin finding out. You make jokes about it and try to makd them look likd jokes.

Instead take about the kids childhoods, remove recess and outdoor sports and look those children into high security facilities and hooe the Fire Marshall.looks thd the other way.

Piles of bullet riddled children is the price you will gladly pay fo insure that no further regulations apply to your guns.I

Canadians do not want American style gun laws. It is that simple except no doubt the NRA and others will funnel large sums of money in attempts to alter the outcomes of our elections. Illegally of course.
LOL now you just rambling on like an idiot

Again, this shooter at Uvalde has no record of mental illness. He has no criminal background. He never arrested. A background check wont give you anything on this person. Unless we start recording who gets bullied in school, and who the bullies are. I use the hockey goon as an analogy for Canada.

Does Canadien background checks tell you if a person is socially awkward? That is the only indication the Uvalde shooter can give you if you can even get it. Should socially awkward people who are victims of bullying in school be denied guns? Is there such a regulation in Canada?

That seems very unfair. What about bullies? They should also be denied guns and a lot of other things if you ask me.

Otherwise we ban guns for everyone. This country cannot go in that direction and never will.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2022, 09:59 AM
 
22,746 posts, read 13,820,097 times
Reputation: 16812
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Is a semi-automatic shotgun an assault weapon?
A semi-auto shotgun might be one of three categories from approved, restricted or prohibited dependant upon the barrel length, at time of manufacture or at any time it has been modified. But in particular, it would also not be due to someone calling it an "Assault Weapon" as that term has little relevance when considering Canada's firearm's laws.

https://nfa.ca/barrel-and-firearms-lengths/
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2022, 10:53 AM
 
9,199 posts, read 3,675,463 times
Reputation: 2940
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
LOL now you just rambling on like an idiot

Again, this shooter at Uvalde has no record of mental illness. He has no criminal background. He never arrested. A background check wont give you anything on this person. Unless we start recording who gets bullied in school, and who the bullies are. I use the hockey goon as an analogy for Canada.

Does Canadien background checks tell you if a person is socially awkward? That is the only indication the Uvalde shooter can give you if you can even get it. Should socially awkward people who are victims of bullying in school be denied guns? Is there such a regulation in Canada?

That seems very unfair. What about bullies? They should also be denied guns and a lot of other things if you ask me.

Otherwise we ban guns for everyone. This country cannot go in that direction and never will.
Like I said you have no interest in how background checks actually work. Or why it takes a month or longer to conduct the check. It is not a sumple check on a computer. You make it seem like a simple five minute checklist is all that is done. Just because it is not done right in the States does not mean it cannot be done better somewhere else.

Face it you do not think stopping school and mass shoorings requires anything being done about guns or who can buy guns.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top