U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2022, 07:55 PM

22,746 posts, read 13,820,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I guess Poilievre doesn't know much about Canada's geography or the Hudson's Bay shallowness or the reasons for why there's only 3 small open ports on the Bay, Churchill's being the largest port (I understand it's quite small at that).

I wouldn't feel comfortable about having a Prime Minister who makes impossible promises like the above when he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about or why it can't be done.

Combining the fact he doesn't have a clue about what he spouts with the fact that those he's pandering to probably don't either and what do you get? - Just more of what we're already dealing with; ineffectual dumbazzery.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2022, 08:48 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,397,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
That’s a stretch? You’re being less than honest. Stephen Harper, a resident of Calgary, and former leader of the Conservative Party, was Prime Minister for almost 10 years (Feb 2006 - Nov 2015). Trudeau has been PM for just less than 8 years. Yeah, I know it seems longer.

I’m ignoring the rest of your post for now, as it’s too tempting to whine about how badly the Liberals have treated Manitoba. Compared to Ontario and Quebec, we’re not worth bribing for potential votes.

Sometimes, I wish I would just shut up! I had better take a break from CD.

OK I looked at the graphs again. You have a point.

In the spirit of shutting my mouth, I drop the mike.

Old 08-10-2022, 11:50 PM

17,193 posts, read 12,710,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well yes, as it happens, I am regular.
You're lucky. Most curmudgeons have bowel issues.

I congratulate you on your regularness.

Old 08-11-2022, 09:26 AM

22,746 posts, read 13,820,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
You're lucky. Most curmudgeons have bowel issues.

I congratulate you on your regularness.
Thanks Nat.

Old 08-12-2022, 02:00 PM

9,199 posts, read 3,675,463 times
Daniele Smith has terrible views about minorities, LBGT, education and health including cancer. She would make an even worse premier than Kenney as I'd one of the worse candidates for leader. The Alberta First is simply an attempt to get bored from the angry.

The UCP attempts to get away with bad policies by blaming everything on Trudeau and Quebec. Their horrible management of the health of dervices is due to bad management and not lack of funds. For example centralizing 911 means ambulances are sent to the wrong town or city.

Old 08-13-2022, 11:48 AM

11 posts, read 3,321 times
I don't see how any Leader can save the Province. They don't control the price of Oil.

Old 08-15-2022, 08:09 AM

200 posts, read 88,662 times
There are factions in Alberta who always say this, but they don't ever elect a real rebel party. I watched Danielle Smith and there is nothing impressive about her. Alberta would need a rabble-rouser like Donald Trump to get people fired up. IMO Alberta doesn't have what it takes, not even close. Are Albertans really willing to be a different country from British Columbia? Think about it, they don't even have a real independent identity.

Oh, the rhetoric of joining the USA is crazy. Why would they want Alberta? They already get access to all the resources in Alberta. Why would they accept what would be a poor state in the middle of nowhere, and **** permanently off Canada - a very close friend? Why would they want to cause tension on their continent where there is very little tension? Do you think that the USA let's just anybody in?

Other people talking about Alberta laying down the law towards the Canadian gouvernment and American government is delusional talk. Does anyone understand how geopolitics works? There is a reason why insignificant countries like Suriname or Malawi don't tell the USA how things are going to work from now on.

Old 08-15-2022, 06:24 PM

13,330 posts, read 13,544,469 times
Well the poor Province wannabe U.S State of Alberta, is actually the wealthiest Province in the land by per capita GDP. So as the Province with the wealthiest Canadians on a per capita basis - it would be nice to know what the issues are as they relate to being in Canada. I have asked this before and didn't get anything really coherent. There was a rant from Kitty and then she just sort of said she needs to take a break from this - but she touched upon energy issues and building that infrastructure to the rest of Canada having unnecessary roadblocks.

So we have a rather vocal group in Alberta who are not happy. If anyone can build on that in a structured, logical manner i'd like to hear it.

Old 08-17-2022, 07:40 AM

13,330 posts, read 13,544,469 times
No bites! No problem. Looks like things aren't too bad in Alberta.. Jason Kenney is inviting Torontonians and Vancouverites to come to Alberta and enjoy higher wages, lower taxes and lower housing costs

https://www.narcity.com/calgary/jaso...ey-should-move

Quote:
According to the Alberta government, the campaign – named "Alberta Is Calling" – aims to encourage "skilled, educated and motivated talent" to move to Alberta instead, citing reasons like better wages, fewer taxes and more affordable housing.

Alberta's Premier Jason Kenney said the campaign would highlight the "many cost of living, career and lifestyle advantages that Alberta offers."

Old 08-18-2022, 03:06 PM

11 posts, read 3,321 times
So I just read Alberta is think of introducing a new police special task force?

What is the point of this they already have one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada