U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2022, 06:05 AM

81,680 posts, read 75,132,018 times

Advertisements

A happy and healthy holiday to you all. I am thankful for all the friendship shown to me on this subforum.

I am cooking a turkey today. I have not had turkey in years. Except for last year, I've spent most of the last few Thanksgivings, Canadian and American, in Canada with just one another person. We usually had a roast turkey or duck.

Last year I spent American Thanksgiving with my vegetarian daughter, who did the cooking. No turkey.

This year I have four of us plus a fat feline who would like some turkey, so I am making a smallish one!

Old 10-10-2022, 09:40 AM

22,925 posts, read 14,208,843 times
MQ; thank you for the holiday wishes and the same back to you and your loved ones.

We spent yesterday enjoying a 'huuuuge' turkey dinner cooked by our niece. We haven't enjoyed many thanksgivings with family over the last couple of decades due to having already left for our winter home in Florida.

This year was especially poignant for us in that we sold our place down there last winter

Our feelings the last few days have been measured with viewing every day in the news and from friends smart phone vids the utter devastation of the coastal communities along the gulf coast. Our area of Lakeland Fla. avoided major damage but nevertheless, you don't need to drive far to see the terrible carnage of that storm. So many people and families having lost everything of any value to them.

We have been getting almost daily calls and emails with updates of the damage done to all of our old haunts. We can only imagine the toll this will take on the people in the forms of jobs lost along with costs of those properties destroyed.

So our thanksgiving is tempered significantly by having enjoyed so many years of winters in that area to realize it has now been so tragically changed forever.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2022, 11:55 AM

17,495 posts, read 13,244,329 times
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Old 10-10-2022, 01:47 PM

13,505 posts, read 12,285,932 times
Hey everybody! Get stuffed! Have a great Thanksgiving Day.

Old 10-24-2022, 12:56 PM

2,687 posts, read 1,672,446 times
A picture of Canadian troops at Thanksgiving Mass in 1918. Van Doos, perhaps?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanks..._Cathedral.jpg

Old 11-24-2022, 01:30 PM

13,666 posts, read 13,972,896 times
Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends and family!

Old 11-24-2022, 02:42 PM

81,680 posts, read 75,132,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends and family!
Thank you!

I declared that we are having my choice of dinner today, since it's American Thanksgiving and all.

I want the veggie burger from Montana's. BEST veggie burger EVER. BF can swallow fried fish, so I'll get that for him, and sorta-stepsons can choose what they want. My treat.

Last year I went back to the States and had Thanksgiving with my daughter. This year she is in Disney World with a friend and his family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada