Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2023, 05:06 PM

15,746 posts, read 14,347,755 times

Advertisements

Seems like it. Haven't seen this posted

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2023, 05:46 PM
pdw

2,590 posts, read 3,016,778 times
Really disturbing stuff. I’ll have to watch the full video later, but as far as I know there’s no evidence yet that Trudeau was colluding with the CCP, although there are MPs in parliament that almost certainly are. I doubt it’s as partisan an issue as some would like to make out. Harper’s time as PM was even more cozy to Beijing than Trudeau’s has been, considering the Huawei issue, FIPA, the TPP, etc. As far as I’m aware there have been recent Conservative MPs with ties to Beijing as well. I think Beijing uses WeChat and other social media apps as well as their complete monopoly on Chinese language print media to influence how Chinese Canadians vote. I don’t think Chinese agencies are following instructions from Trudeau or vice versa, although in the unlikely event this is happening, Trudeau should be removed from office along with any other politicians involved. I really doubt that is what’s happening here, though I’m willing to consider the possibility if more evidence comes to light

Old 03-01-2023, 08:40 PM

7,646 posts, read 5,414,058 times
I’ve been disturbed by Chinese attempts to influence policy in Canada for some years.

However, it hasn’t been a secret. In fact, Trudeau raised the subject of Chinese interference with Xi at the G20 last fall. As you can see from this article, it didn’t go well: China calls interference allegations ‘nonsense’ after testy Xi-Trudeau exchange

Quote:
A tense exchange between Chinese President Xi Jinping and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau at this week’s G20 summit was triggered by the leaking of details of a conversation between the two, China’s foreign ministry said on Friday.
Quote:
A video published by Canadian broadcasters on Wednesday showed Xi telling Trudeau, via a translator, that “everything we discussed was leaked to the paper(s), that’s not appropriate.” Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Mao Ning, in response to a question on Friday, said that Trudeau went up to Xi during the G20 welcoming ceremony on Tuesday and the two had a brief conversation.

“Soon after, Reuters, citing a person in the Canadian government, said that Trudeau raised serious concerns about so-called actions of Chinese interference,” Mao told a regular media briefing, referring to a report that day about the conversation between the two.

Old 03-04-2023, 12:39 PM

5,281 posts, read 2,997,177 times
I didn’t watch the video and have no idea if it is true.
The accusation did make me think though.

As an American I feel that I am subject to policies that are heavily influenced by the lobbying of large companies.
I am wondering if we as neighbors should consider China as a large company or possibly an entity that copies methods that are proven to work?
Barely legal is still legal regardless of the moral considerations.

I think implementing some restrictions and closing some loop holes would help.
This is where I think we stand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada