Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2023, 07:28 AM

296 posts, read 528,135 times

Advertisements

Hello Canada ,

My Grandmother was born in Tidnish / Amherst area in 1909 and she had several siblings. Her name was Ellen Melvina Bugley (Binnall) . She emigrated to the U.S , Boston Mass area until her death in 1985. I recently got on a genealogy kick. Her parents names were Amos Higgins and Mary (Chase) Bugley.

I am just trying to connect with relatives which I have never met. Also looking for some family history.
Thanks for any and all information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2023, 04:57 PM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
You are likely to get more helpful responses if this thread was transferred to the Genealogy forum.

I did a quick search of the family trees on Ancestry(.com/.ca) since I currently have a paid subscription there. 6 people have created family trees which include an Ellen Bugley:

Birth 28 Nov 1909 New Glasgow, Pictou, Nova Scotia, Canada
Marriage 1940 Newton, Middlesex, Massachusetts, USA
Residence 1950 Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts, USA
Death 23 Nov 1985 Newton, Middlesex, Massachusetts, USA

Father Amos H Bugley (1879-1947)
Mother Mary Elizabeth Chase (1880-1946)
Spouse Thomas "Billy" Binnall (1909-1969)
Spouse Alton Albert Bugley(1904–1988)

Registering at Ancestry.com is free but you need a subscription to see trees that others have created and to message any tree owners. However, if you register you’ll probably be offered a 15 day free trial subscription (be sure to cancel it before it expires or your credit card will automatically be charged on a monthly basis).

I often subscribe to the monthly plan and then cancel a couple of days later. That still gives me the month I paid for but stops the subscription from automatically rolling over to the following month.

Old 03-26-2023, 07:11 AM

296 posts, read 528,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
You are likely to get more helpful responses if this thread was transferred to the Genealogy forum.

I did a quick search of the family trees on Ancestry(.com/.ca) since I currently have a paid subscription there. 6 people have created family trees which include an Ellen Bugley:

Birth 28 Nov 1909 New Glasgow, Pictou, Nova Scotia, Canada
Marriage 1940 Newton, Middlesex, Massachusetts, USA
Residence 1950 Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts, USA
Death 23 Nov 1985 Newton, Middlesex, Massachusetts, USA

Father Amos H Bugley (1879-1947)
Mother Mary Elizabeth Chase (1880-1946)
Spouse Thomas "Billy" Binnall (1909-1969)
Spouse Alton Albert Bugley(1904–1988)

Registering at Ancestry.com is free but you need a subscription to see trees that others have created and to message any tree owners. However, if you register you’ll probably be offered a 15 day free trial subscription (be sure to cancel it before it expires or your credit card will automatically be charged on a monthly basis).

I often subscribe to the monthly plan and then cancel a couple of days later. That still gives me the month I paid for but stops the subscription from automatically rolling over to the following month.
Thank you cdnirene , I did just that this morning

Old 03-26-2023, 08:27 AM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
You’re welcome.

I forgot to mention, if you make contact with a tree owner, you can ask for an invitation to their tree. If they agree, they will send you a link which has been generated by Ancestry. Click on that link and you are a member of their tree. That means you will always be able to view that specific tree in future without a paid Ancestry subscription.

Also, although without an Ancestry subscription you cannot initiate a message exchange, you can receive and reply to messages that have been sent to you.

There is an exception. If you have a DNA test done at Ancestry, as far as I know you can still initiate a message exchange with any your DNA relatives that Ancestry had found. Many won’t respond though as they take the test only to determine their ethnicity mix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada