Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2023, 07:31 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,331,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grotte View Post
Only if you willingly misread it.
Well, then you explain it to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2023, 07:48 PM

1,226 posts, read 501,182 times

Old 11-01-2023, 07:40 PM

Edit

Last edited by Luisito80; 11-01-2023 at 08:50 PM..

Old 11-01-2023, 08:03 PM

Here is an Isreali soldier basically saying the same thing as the video above.

Old 11-01-2023, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito80 View Post
I am hesitant to post this but it is an interesting perspective.
Just so you know - this is the guy. I doubt anything he says is credible. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Ritter

Old 11-01-2023, 08:21 PM

Family quarrels are always the worst.

Old 11-01-2023, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Just so you know - this is the guy. I doubt anything he says is credible. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Ritter
He was involved with some pretty disgusting things. I did not know that, otherwise I would have not posted that. Why is he even being consulted?

Having said that do you disagree with what he was saying? The Isreali soldier basically was saying the samething. As we saw today, other countries in the region are getting involved others threatening to get involved. This has the very real potential of beocming a wider regional conflict.

Old 11-01-2023, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito80 View Post
He was involved with some pretty disgusting things. I did not know that, otherwise I would have not posted that. Why is he even being consulted?

Having said that do you disagree with what he was saying? The Isreali soldier basically was saying the samething. As we saw today, other countries in the region are getting involved others threatening to get involved. This has the very real potential of beocming a wider regional conflict.

I'm sure you wouldn't have.

Having said that, I thought he sounded like a conspiracy theorist so I didn't watch to the end. I thought he said Israel was purposefully funding Hamas which isn't how I understood your second clip. Second clip was from before the IDF entered Gaza and to me he sounded like an excited soldier with an opinion.

Now I am a pacifist but I also have a logical side to me, in that I don't think Israel can back down and I think there is an argument to be made that Hamas and Hamas alone is responsible for the deaths of civilians (an oxymoron if there ever was one - when are there not civilian deaths in war?) in Gaza. They provoked a response by Israel in the very heinousness of their actions.

People in Gaza had been warned to move. The Israelis Hamas slaughtered had no such warning. So please! The civilians in Gaza also have a choice to put the blame squarely on Hamas and turn them over.

However Israel can't do anything right at this point. To bomb Gaza into a smoking ruin to every last man, woman and child won't fix the problem. You would still have all the neighbours complaining about the noise.

I do not believe a two-state solution will ever work. Some other version of Hamas would spring up and still want Israel for themselves.

I find myself checking the news multiple times a day because this could well become the biggest threat to humanity's existence.

There are people in this world who would rather kill their partner and their children and themselves than divide assets in a divorce.

Old 11-01-2023, 10:12 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I'm sure you wouldn't have.

Yeah did you know that when you saw his name or did did you look it up? I didn't know. I have actually tried to stay out of the isreal/gaza threads.

Quote:
Having said that, I thought he sounded like a conspiracy theorist so I didn't watch to the end. I thought he said Israel was purposefully funding Hamas which isn't how I understood your second clip. Second clip was from before the IDF entered Gaza and to me he sounded like an excited soldier with an opinion.
An excited soldier? Ok, well they both said that Isreal cannot defeat Hamas in a ground fight. The Isreali army has lined up at the border with Gaza and has taken their time and has been very cautious entering gaza. They also pretty much said the same thing about war crimes and the solution to this conflict. Should kicking palestinians out of their homes and illegal settlments be part of this conversation or should we continue to ignore this?

Quote:
Now I am a pacifist but I also have a logical side to me, in that I don't think Israel can back down and I think there is an argument to be made that Hamas and Hamas alone is responsible for the deaths of civilians (an oxymoron if there ever was one - when are there not civilian deaths in war?) in Gaza. They provoked a response by Israel in the very heinousness of their actions.

People in Gaza had been warned to move. The Israelis Hamas slaughtered had no such warning. So please! The civilians in Gaza also have a choice to put the blame squarely on Hamas and turn them over.
Agreed but I believe the notice was 24 hours for people in northern gaza. Does that time limit seem reasonable for a million people? And we are seeing strikes in southern gaza now. How should palestinians turn over hamas? I would be interested how you think that would look like. Isn't hamas itself made up of palestinians? Yes hamas actions were heinous, but does it really serve the Isreal cause just bombing the **** out of Gaza?

Quote:
However Israel can't do anything right at this point. To bomb Gaza into a smoking ruin to every last man, woman and child won't fix the problem. You would still have all the neighbours complaining about the noise.

I do not believe a two-state solution will ever work. Some other version of Hamas would spring up and still want Israel for themselves.
So you believe Isreal should continue having total control over palestinians. ok Interesting. Why do you think another version of hamas would pop up in an independent Palestinian nation?

Old 11-01-2023, 10:48 PM

[quote=Luisito80;66025145]
Quote:

Yeah did you know that when you saw his name or did did you look it up? I didn't know. I have actually tried to stay out of the isreal/gaza threads.

An excited soldier? Ok, well they both said that Isreal cannot defeat Hamas in a ground fight. The Isreali army has lined up at the border with Gaza and has taken their time and has been very cautious entering gaza. They also pretty much said the same thing about war crimes and the solution to this conflict. Should kicking palestinians out of their homes and illegal settlments be part of this conversation or should we continue to ignore this?

Agreed but I believe the notice was 24 hours for people in northern gaza. Does that time limit seem reasonable for a million people? And we are seeing strikes in southern gaza now. How should palestinians turn over hamas? I would be interested how you think that would look like. Isn't hamas itself made up of palestinians? Yes hamas actions were heinous, but does it really serve the Isreal cause just bombing the **** out of Gaza?

So you believe Isreal should continue having total control over palestinians. ok Interesting.
I thought he sounded crazy so I looked him up.

Israel had been telling people to move to the south since Oct 13th. Originally it was a 24 hour warning. Hamas had been telling them to stay put. Do you think Hamas cares if Palestinians die? It makes for better optics against Israel. Hamas is a terrorist organization. Dead people = terror.

Not all Palestinians are members of Hamas.

https://globalnews.ca/video/10024642...tial-offensive

I think Hamas was on a suicide mission, as I stated up thread.

Without going into the history of the region, something that I've read a lot about, no, I don't think it's okay to kick Palestinians out of their homes. And yes, this didn't happen in a vacuum. You can't keep people penned up like that and not expect them to blow up.

But since the history of the region is long and complicated and i don't feel like writing it out, I'm sticking to what happened now, and the butchery inflicted on those Israelis. Someone starts something, some other one is going to finish it. https://nypost.com/2023/11/01/news/h...ct-7-massacre/

In no way does that mean I approve of anything nor did I say anything like that. I enjoy chatting with you but don't put words in my mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada