Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2024, 12:28 PM

143 posts, read 110,786 times

Advertisements

Canada's Federal Court ruled on Tuesday that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's use of the Emergencies Act in 2022 to punish protesting truckers was both unreasonable and unconstitutional.

"I have concluded that the decision to issue the Proclamation does not bear the hallmarks of reasonableness — justification, transparency and intelligibility — and was not justified in relation to the relevant factual and legal constraints that were required to be taken into consideration," wrote Justice Richard G. Mosley in his ruling.

Deputy PM says Trudeau's government will appeal the federal court’s ruling because they believe invoking the Emergencies Act was "right" and "necessary" at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2024, 06:15 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,024,160 times

Nonsense.

If that's what he said then I think Mosley needs to get a new job since he's clearly not capable of considering all of the facts in a balanced, eyes-wide-open manner. People who interfere with international trade and the well being of all citizens while practising sedition and attempted coups against their own country and government and setting up an occupation of their capital city and using their own children as physical human shields and collateral damage to protect themselves from authorities deserve to be imprisoned for years at the very least. And even that did not happen. In some countries those seditionists and child abusers would simply be summarily executed by firing squad for their sedition and the damages they caused to their nation.

I totally disapprove of all of the overly lenient actions that were taken by government in response to the ridiculous, immature and ignorant sham of a so-called protest and occupation and attempted coup that occurred. I wish the government had not been so lenient with any of them. The seditionists and occupiers should have been dealt with more harshly. In fact I wish that the children that were brought along to be used as human shields and collateral damage by their own parents to protect the parents' hides should have all been permanently removed from their parents' custodies and those parents should have been cast into jail never to regain custody or even sight of their children ever again. People like that don't deserve to have children and they certainly don't deserve to be Canadians.

Old 01-23-2024, 06:27 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,095,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayleae1 View Post
Canada's Federal Court ruled on Tuesday that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's use of the Emergencies Act in 2022 to punish protesting truckers was both unreasonable and unconstitutional.

"I have concluded that the decision to issue the Proclamation does not bear the hallmarks of reasonableness — justification, transparency and intelligibility — and was not justified in relation to the relevant factual and legal constraints that were required to be taken into consideration," wrote Justice Richard G. Mosley in his ruling.

Deputy PM says Trudeau's government will appeal the federal court’s ruling because they believe invoking the Emergencies Act was "right" and "necessary" at the time.
Great to hear!

Old 01-24-2024, 05:10 AM

2,396 posts, read 1,564,146 times
it will be appealed, and the PM will be vindicated.

Old 01-24-2024, 07:01 AM

333 posts, read 153,590 times
Hopefully this marks the end of Trudolph's authoritarian regime and the country can finally start to heal.

I can't wait to see how much the Liberals will be forced to pay for civil rights violations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
If that's what he said then I think Mosley needs to get a new job since he's clearly not capable of considering all of the facts in a balanced, eyes-wide-open manner.
I think a Federal Court Judge with over 40 years experience and who specializes in national security interests would have a much better comprehension of the law than a twitchy Russian literature major and a narcissistic part time drama teacher who was forced to resign over having an affair with one of his underaged students.

Just sayin'.

Old 01-24-2024, 07:54 AM

2,396 posts, read 1,564,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickIlhenney View Post
Hopefully this marks the end of Trudolph's authoritarian regime and the country can finally start to heal.

This, ruling even if it is not successfully appealed, will not do anything to change people's minds on who they vote for in the next federal election.

Old 01-24-2024, 08:37 AM

143 posts, read 110,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
This, ruling even if it is not successfully appealed, will not do anything to change people's minds on who they vote for in the next federal election.
It is still risky with this election business. What if he loses? Can we really afford this?

Old 01-24-2024, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayleae1 View Post
It is still risky with this election business. What if he loses? Can we really afford this?
If we can afford to give billions to fund a proxy war in Ukraine, we can certainly afford to compensate our own citizens for a blatant civil rights violations at the hands of our own government.

Old 01-24-2024, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
It's nice to see you are perfectly fine with the leader of a supposedly democratic country violating the very Charter than grants the rights and freedoms to the people he is supposed to govern.

You're not the solution, pal. You're part of the problem.

Old 01-24-2024, 09:27 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,095,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickIlhenney View Post
If we can afford to give billions to fund a proxy war in Ukraine, we can certainly afford to compensate our own citizens for a blatant civil rights violations at the hands of our own government.
I agree, although I kind of doubt Trudeau/Freeland will be criminally prosecuted. I do think it will have some negative impact for their party in the election (but not as much as economic issues).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada