Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2024, 07:58 PM

143 posts, read 110,786 times

Advertisements

On Billy!!! Praise be to Jesus!

"While lowering product prices may hurt profits, this is a year ...to make sure that we support people" said IKEA CEO in Davos, Switzerland. Since WEF (of which Chrystia is a board member) is about eating bugs, now is a chance to get more bugs with this wondrous IKEA saving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2024, 01:26 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,408,524 times
I'm unsure why Ikea having a sale has anything to do with the World Economic Forum (WEF). For that matter, I am unsure why Chrystia Freeland has anything to do with Ikea's decision to have a sale.

Could you explain?

Old 01-27-2024, 07:44 AM

"As some of my patients used to ask, “Can’t you give me something to stop me thinking, doctor?” It was not any particular thoughts that they wanted to cease to think: It was thought as such."
Theodore Dalrymple

Old 01-27-2024, 07:44 AM

37,129 posts, read 39,371,920 times
Maybe a bot and it's posting random things to have a long enough posting history before spamming advertisement.

That or just someone's who's not all there.

So many possibilities!

Old 01-27-2024, 09:05 AM

Ikea carries hundreds of thousands of items. Reducing the price on one is inconsequential. It is trivial non news of zero significance. Yet CBC reports it. Not only that, it complements the report with IKEA CEO hypocritical virtue signaling statement that IKEA does it because it is time to help people even if it hurts profits. The statement is delivered at WEF - the hypocritical virtue signaling assembly of scoundrels that literally promote eating bugs. Our Chrystia is the board member of WEF. Ergo the reason for CBC reporting: see: our benevolent leaders working together in the proto global government did some good - the price of Billy came down!

Do you see another reason CBC wrote the story?

Old 01-27-2024, 11:54 AM

3,454 posts, read 2,779,135 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIn1Po2V-Hs

Old 01-27-2024, 01:47 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,024,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayleae1 View Post

..... scoundrels that literally promote eating bugs ......

Yes, the reason they wrote it was because they are bored but they have a quota to fill. They already covered news about important stuff but had to fill up allotted news space so they inserted a harmless trivia piece about Billy (whatever that is, I've never heard of it before this but then I don't shop at Ikea) as something potentially meaningful for bored people to get excited about. I've heard it said before that "if there is no news to report then that is good news" so I guess harmless trivia is just as good as no news.

On a side note - Bugs are good for birds, fish, amphibians, rodents and other mammals to eat, they supply lots of raw protein. It's been said that every human unknowingly eats the equivalent of a ton of bugs and bug eggs in their lifetime without being harmed by it so I guess eating bugs can't be a bad thing.

I prognosticate that in another 30 years all humans will knowingly and willingly be eating processed bugs as a source of protein because they won't be able to get it from anything else besides certain types of high protein vegetation.

Yay for bugs!! Bugs are interesting and nutritious.

Old 01-27-2024, 01:59 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,024,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Maybe a bot and it's posting random things to have a long enough posting history before spamming advertisement.

That or just someone's who's not all there.

So many possibilities!
I've noticed a lot of that "not all there" stuff becoming increasingly more evident everywhere online in the past 20 months or so and I suspect it's one of the disabling side effects of Long Covid.

Old 01-27-2024, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
They already covered news about important stuff but had to fill up allotted news space so they inserted a harmless trivia piece about Billy
Right. Except it was the news #2 on the CBC newswire. News #1 was about the Golden Boy 23% approval rating. So, yep, they had to through in something to balance it out. And Billy story must be a singular bit of good news out of Canada.

Old 01-27-2024, 09:35 PM

3,624 posts, read 3,408,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayleae1 View Post
Slow news day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada