Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2024, 09:41 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,024,160 times

Advertisements

Sounds like she got a rough time from some of the hostile paranoid cowards in the public because of her appointment as B.C.'s Health minister and her daily appearances and updates in the news. She was harassed so badly that she sometimes had to leave her own home for days to get away from them.

I wonder how many other Health Ministers and their families across the country got the same kinds of hostile treatment and threats.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainm...2&sc=shoreline

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2024, 05:14 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,408,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I wonder how many other Health Ministers and their families across the country got the same kinds of hostile treatment and threats.
I don't know, but I'd be willing to suggest "all of them."

I was not impressed by the way they all seemed to coordinate. Ontario's health minister would be on CTV News at 1:00 pm, Manitoba's at 1:30, Saskatchewan's at 2:00, Alberta's at 2:30, and so on. Funny how they never overlapped. Planned?

And the message was always the same: social distance, wear masks, get vaccinated (when that was available), and so on. It was a nonstop barrage of same old, same old; day after day after day, and all miraculously coordinated so only one of them had the soapbox at any given time. Coincidence? I wonder.

To an extent*, I agreed with the truckers who descended on Ottawa in February, 2022. Lockdowns and mandates were getting stupid, and people were starting to ignore them. It was time to start opening up, like our American friends, before Canadians rioted. Yes, we're nice and polite and considerate, but push us too far and you'll see how well we can kick a** and take names. As Bruce Banner once said, "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." By February 2022, Canadians, truckers or not, were getting angry.

*But only to an extent. The idiot truckers had no idea that Trudeau could do nothing about Alberta's lockdowns or Nova Scotia's lockdowns, or British Columbia's lockdowns. Trudeau didn't help; he made it look like he was in charge when it was the provincial health ministers who actually were. Trudeau, the idiot, seemed to want everybody to sing "Kum Ba Yah" while holding hands. (Like that would help.) The convoy organizers didn't help; it was revealed that they had a plan for overthrowing the government of Canada, and the ordinary truckers who had been duped into this mess were their "useful idiots," as the USSR used to say. It was, overall, a clusterflop of competing interests.

The truckers' protest was a helluva lot more complicated, legally speaking, than some would make it out to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada